- "If cars were porn, this would be the ultimate DVDA scene. Give the liberals something to really protest about with the least environmentally-friendly car on the planet! The Adder's monstrous 8-liter engine burns fuel faster than a blazing oil refinery, but it reaches speeds of 250mph, making it the perfect all-round car for life in a busy urban metropolis."
- ―Legendary Motorsport description.
Grand Theft Auto V
The Adder is heavily based on the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport for the general shape, the greenhouse area, rear bumper area, and side windows. The design of this car also has some resemblance to the Saab Aero-X in terms of the wheels, headlamps, and front fascia. The front fascia and partially the headlights also bear a resemblance to some of the 2007-present Jaguar models. The taillights are based on typical Aston Martins, as they have flattened c-shaped taillights. Some elements of the front and sides of the car appear to be inspired by speculated Super Veyron illustrations.
The Adder’s interior features the Truffade emblem on the right-side dashboard, as well as the Truffade ‘T’ logo on the steering wheel.
The car's front appears more like the speculated concept. The front bumper features large ducts near the base. The bumper's bottom edge is raised for the width beneath the main grille. The main grille is a wide, curved trapezium-like element. The Truffade emblem is mounted centrally on the grille. The car's headlight units that are similar to those of the Felon GT.
The sides of the car are made up completely from curves, the wheelbase has a long impressed area not far above it, leading to an air duct and above this there is a main body curve which runs along the base of the door and then heads up to the top of the car's sides. The wheel arches feature flat faces but are heavily flared from the body at the rear. The windows continue the curvy theme of the car's design, curving downwards towards the rear. The roof features two ducts which have been almost directly taken from the Veyron Super Sport.
The rear of the car is similar to its real life counterpart in that it features a completely curved outer profile. The engine cover area however, has a central vertical fin behind the rear windscreen. The rear face features a central brake light strip at the top with two wide C-shaped lights on either side, with their top edges coinciding with the bottom edge of the central strip. The rear lights are fully red, having no clear indication of allocation for reverse lamps. The license plate is mounted centrally between two wide D-shaped air ducts that help the engine breathe. The base of the rear bumper features a large polymer-covered area with two large quadrilateral-shaped exhaust tips mounted centrally.
An interesting feature to note is that when applying a secondary color to the Adder, a rear section will also be colored as well as two hood stripes. It is almost like this rear section, near the engine, is supposed to be some sort of pop-up spoiler, like the Bugatti Veyron has. Unfortunately, the Adder does not have this feature.
Current Design Gallery
Grand Theft Auto V
As befitting the car's real life counterpart, the Adder has one of the highest top speeds of any car in the game, although it can still be beaten in terms of handling and acceleration by several other super cars given the right circumstances. Although it is capable of reaching blinding velocities, its handling is below average, suffering from prominent understeer, and despite its impressive top speed, its acceleration is lackluster for a Super and often times will lose to Supers with higher acceleration such as the Turismo R, the Zentorno or Entity XF, but remains impressive. Furthermore, the car's four-wheel drive layout helps it jolt forward quickly, as well as giving is good traction (though lower than most) and much better stability.
Though the engine model is not clear, it is likely powered by a W16 engine, sharing it from the real life counterpart. A turbocharger whine, as well as a dump-valve, can also be heard. The engine is laid out longitudinally in a mid-engine, all-wheel drive layout, giving the car some excellent take off and traction. The engine sounds as high-revving with a muffled exhaust, sharing it with the 9F in the enhanced version of GTA V. The website states that the Adder boasts an 8-liter engine, pushing 1100bhp to the wheels, giving it what was originally stated to be a top speed of 250mph, however, the website as of an enhanced version patch states it can reach up to only 215mph. In-game, the Adder cannot reach either of these speeds.
In the enhanced version of Grand Theft Auto V, the Adder's sound is a little different, it seems to feature the sound of a turbocharger whine/hiss or waste-gate, now much louder and smoother.
The large chassis and overall shape gives it a strong and rigid design, which is something the player would want when crashing or colliding. The deformation rate is slow, though the wheels tend to lock up or give a positive camber when done so. The front of the car also has a tendency to "slip" or skitter off other cars it touches when at high speeds.
The Adder's statistical stock top speed is 116 mph / 186.7 km/h.
- EMS Engine Upgrade 1 produces 117 mph / 188.3 km/h.
- EMS Engine Upgrade 2 produces 119 mph / 191.5 km/h.
- EMS Engine Upgrade 3 produces 120 mph / 193.1 km/h.
- EMS Engine Upgrade 4 produces 121 mph / 194.7 km/h.
This gives the vehicle, in stock condition, one of the highest top speeds in the game, beaten by Nero Custom and X80 Proto, and surpassing the Visione. When fully upgraded, the vehicle retains its position relative to the aforementioned vehicles, however upgraded Pariahs and Banshee 900Rs surpass the Adder and all three mentioned vehicles.
GTA V Overview
(0-60 mph in Seconds)
(mph / kmh)
(FWD / RWD / AWD)
(kg / lbs)
|N/A||99 / 160||6||N/A||AWD|
|1800 / 3968||65|
|3 Seconds||250 / 402 ()|
Up to 215 / 346 ( )
|N/A||8 Liter 1100hp (Website)||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|5.9 Seconds||116 / 186.7||6||2X V8 (Cover)||AWD||Cannot be observed||Cannot be observed|
Grand Theft Auto V
|This article contains insufficient information and is considered as a Stub. You can help the GTA Wiki by as much as you can.|
Requiring improvement: Online price of stock lights.
|Category||Subcategory||Modification||Cost (Story Mode)||Cost (Online)|
|Armor Upgrade 20%||$2,500||$7,500|
|Armor Upgrade 40%||$6,250||$12,000|
|Armor Upgrade 60%||$10,000||$20,000|
|Armor Upgrade 80%||$17,500||$35,000|
|Armor Upgrade 100%||$25,000||$50,000|
|Engine||EMS Upgrade, Level 1||$4,500||$9,500|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 2||$6,250||$12,500|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 3||$9,000||$18,000|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 4||$16,750||$33,500|
|Loss/Theft Prevention||Tracker||N/A||Too Hot|
|Full Coverage||N/A||Too Hot|
|Plates||Blue on White 1||$50||$200|
|Blue on White 2||$50||$200|
|Blue on White 3||$50||$200|
|Yellow on Blue||$75||$300|
|Yellow on Black||$150||$600|
|Sell||Sell Vehicle||N/A||Too Hot|
- Devin Weston owns a black Adder as seen in Blitz Play. It is also seen at the beginning of the mission I Fought the Law....
Grand Theft Auto V
- Can be purchased from Legendary Motorsport for $1,000,000.
- Spawns frequently in front of Sessanta Nove at Portola Drive, Rockford Hills as a reference to the Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Bijan Pakzad Edition.
- While the player cannot steal Devin Weston's Adder from his house after Blitz Play (the 'enter vehicle' button won't work), it is possible to obtain it at the beginning of I Fought the Law.
- While switching to Franklin, the relatively common scenario wherein he is stuck in traffic rarely happens in Downtown Vinewood, often surrounded by several uncommon cars, usually including an Adder.
- There may be up to three Adders in this particular scenario, however this is even rarer.
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Can be purchased from Legendary Motorsport for $1,000,000.
- Spawns at Portola Drive, in the same location as in story mode. Possibly only if there is another Adder nearby to act as a spawn seed. However, since it is valued at significantly over $100,000, it is fitted with a tracker and cannot be stored in a garage.
- Rarely driven by the NPC Online Joyrider.
- The Adder shares its name with a venomous snake native to Europe and northern Asia.
- The weight of the Adder is 88kg (194lbs) lighter than its real life counterpart, with a weight of 1888kg (4162lbs).
- The Adder shares the engine cover with the 9F, however, it features two side-by-side, further hinting towards the real life Veyron's W16 engine, as two of the 9F's V8 engine would mathematically equal 16. This, however, is not how a W16 engine is laid out, likely a developer oversight or reused assets.
- Furthermore, in the enhanced version, the Adder shares the V10 engine sound with the 9F.
- The Adder's engine cover is laid backwards when compared to the 9F's.
Grand Theft Auto V
- At some point, the Adder had a spoiler. It could have possibly functioned similar to the spoiler found on the T20. This can be seen on the Legendary Motorsport image, after the Ill-Gotten Gains Part 1 update.
- According to the vehicle's rear-light textures, the car was originally named "venem",.
- The default radio stations of the Adder are FlyLo FM & Soulwax FM.
- The Truffade Adder sported the highest top speed in Grand Theft Auto Online for almost 1000 days (2 years and 9 months), until the 21st of May, 2016, where it was beaten by the X80 Proto by just 1km/h. It still remains the fastest land vehicle in the Story Mode and in the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 versions of the game.
- ↑ How do we gain these statistics?:
GTA Wiki: Manual of Style/Vehicles/Speed Testing - GTA V and GTA Online
These top speeds are not suitable for comparing cars and their performance on the road. Roads are bumpy, and bumps in the game give vehicles random boosts of speed, increasing the overall road top speed. These top speeds simply show which car has the highest statistical speed, essentially a speed which considers all the variables added to the initial raw top speed in the handling files, and do not reflect the top speed each of these cars could reach on the road or even travelling through air. Finally, these speeds do not determine which car is "quickest" or "fastest" - competing vehicles in drag races may result in unexpected outcomes, due to the fact that restricting the drag race distance may not allow certain vehicles to reach their top speed, as the acceleration of vehicles has a massive affect on their performance and reliability in racing. These statistical top speeds give all vehicles plenty of time to reach their highest top speed on a flat, indefinitely-long strip of straight track.
- ↑ Super Vehicle Class data:
Table listing all Super vehicles in GTA V and GTA Online. The table includes a list of top-speeds tested and other relevant data
Vehicle name EngineResistance value MaxFlatVel value (km/h) DragCoeff value DriveForce value DownforceModifier value Output top speeds (mph / km/h; tested) Stock EMS1 EMS2 EMS3 EMS4 811 159.3 8.500000 0.356000 116 / 186.7 Adder 160 7.800000 0.320000 116 / 186.7 117 / 188.3 118 / 191.5 120 / 193.1 121 / 194.7 Autarch 161 10.1070 0.377000 295.00 Banshee 900R 150 12.500000 0.347500 107 / 172.2 111 / 178.6 115 / 185.1 119 / 191.5 124 / 199.6 Bullet 152 9.000000 0.330000 Cheetah 153 8.500000 0.320000 110 / 177 Cyclone 158 11.0000 0.2725000 112 / 180.2 ETR1 158.5 9.500000 0.330000 3.0 111 / 178.6 Entity XF 155 8.500000 0.330000 Entity XXR 0.01 170 8.3000 0.355000 175.000 117 / 188.3 118 / 190 120 / 193.1 121 / 194.7 123 / 197.9 FMJ 158.4 8.900000 0.3655000 116 / 186.7 GP1 160.5 10.3070 0.370000 1.25 114 / 183.5 Infernus 150 9.700000 0.340000 Itali GTB 159 8.25000 0.3365000 115 / 185.1 Itali GTB Custom 159.2 8.25000 0.340000 1.5 116 / 186.7 Nero 160 8.100000 0.337500 116 / 186.7 Nero Custom 160.2 8.100000 0.3400500 117 / 188.3 119 / 191.5 120 / 193.1 121 / 194.7 122 / 196.3 Osiris 159.1 10.240000 0.36000 112 / 180.2 Penetrator 159.5 7.95000 0.30000 113 / 181.9 RE-7B 161 10.3270 0.37100 3.5 Reaper 159 10.4370 0.365000 112 / 180.2 Rocket Voltic 145 8.000000 0.180000 103 / 165.8 SC1 159 9.25000 0.310000 110 / 177 Sultan RS 148 9.000000 0.330000 T20 159.3 10.4270 0.365000 112 / 180.2 Taipan 0.01 170.25 8.31000 0.357000 120.000 117 / 188.3 118 / 190 120 / 193.1 121 / 194.7 122 / 196.3 Tempesta 157 10.500000 0.360000 111 / 178.6 Tezeract 0.02 169 2.0000 0.137500 170.00 126 / 202.8 126 / 202.8 126 / 202.8 126 / 202.8 126 / 202.8 Turismo R 155 9.3 0.36 112 / 180.2 114 / 183.5 116 / 186.7 117 / 188.3 118 / 189.9 Tyrant 0.02 165 8.00000 0.34000 300.000 115 / 185.1 116 / 186.7 118 / 190 120 / 193.1 122 / 196.3 Tyrus 161 10.3070 0.371000 114 / 183.5 115 / 185.1 116 / 186.7 118 / 190 119 / 191.5 Vacca 152 7.600000 0.300000 Vagner 160.9 9.25000 0.370000 2.75 116 / 186.7 Vigilante 160.02 9.6000 0.375000 115 / 185.1 117 / 188.3 118 / 190 119 / 191.5 120 / 193.1 Visione 160 9.25000 0.3550000 2.0 115 / 185.1 116 / 186.7 117 / 188.3 119 / 191.5 120 / 193.1 Voltic 145 8.000000 0.180000 X80 Proto 161 9.25000 0.375000 117 / 188.3 119 / 191.5 120 / 193.1 121 / 194.7 122 / 196.3 XA-21 159.2 10.4270 0.364000 Zentorno 159 10.000000 0.354000 Average (by mean) 158.3781 Total 6018.37 Interquartile Range for MaxFlatVel
- Sample: 38
Lower quartile Mid point (average by mean) Upper quartile 155 158.3781 160.6 Interquartile Range for MaxFlatVel excluding outliers 145 (x2), 165, 169, 170 and 170.25
- Sample: 32
Lower quartile Mid point (average by mean) Upper quartile <= 155.5 157.9071
155.6 - 160.014
- ↑ x64e.rpf\levels\gta5\vehicles.rpf\adder.ytd