Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|For the character in GTA 2, see Cletus.|
- "A bad day huntin' still beats a good day workin', my pa always used to say."
- ―Cletus Ewing
Little is known about Cletus' life before the events of the game. He is portrayed as a friendly, stereotypical hillbilly living in Sandy Shores. He appears to be a military veteran, as he can be seen wearing dog tags around his neck. He also became friends with Trevor at an unknown point in time.
Events of GTA V
Trevor meets Cletus in Sandy Shores, Cletus will be hunting some coyotes and will enlist Trevor to do some hunting challenges to see if Trevor is a good hunter. The challenges consists of shooting satellite dishes, tyres of moving vehicles and coyotes. After Trevor completes the challenges, Cletus asks Trevor to meet him in Bayview Lodge in Paleto Forest, for some hunting lessons.
In his second meeting, Cletus introduces Trevor to some tips for hunting, like using the wind to not be detected by the deer or using a deer call to locate animals. After Trevor kills all the necessary deer, Cletus will call Trevor to make a proposal: if Trevor kills any animal that he finds and sends Cletus a photo of the carcass of the animal, Cletus will sell the animal meat and share the profits with Trevor. After this, the Hunting activities will be unlocked.
Cletus then continues to make appearances in the game only via the hunting minigame, he will send text messages to Trevor with comments about the carcasses of the animals that Trevor kills and how much he thinks they are worth. He will also send challenges to Trevor complete along the hunting session, that include killing animals in a certain way or taking pictures of the carcasses of specific animals. Completing these challenges helps the player reach the gold medal in the hunting sessions.
- Target Practice (Boss)
- Fair Game (Boss)
- Minor Turbulence (Post-mission text message)
- Hunting (phone calls)
- Cletus has a Lifeinvader account, as seen on Ron Jakowski's friends list. However, his account cannot be viewed by the protagonists.
- The photo on his Lifeinvader profile suggests that he is a fan of the band Love Fist.
- During the mission "I Fought The Law", one of the protagonists will phone Molly Schultz on the number 346-555-0174. If the player dials this number after the mission, they will be put through to Cletus' voicemail. The reason for this unknown.
- Cletus has a "Dragons and Skull" tattoo on his right arm. Paige Harris also has this tattoo, but on her left arm.