Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Mike was supposed to torch some place in the mall, but he screwed the fuses and now the cops are crawling all over it."
- ― Lance Vance
Mike screwed up the wiring to blow up Tarbrush Cafe and the police are now all over the place. Lance yells at him for this and sees no way of fixing this problem. Lance wants to bail out but Tommy doesn't like this idea. He thinks about pretending to be a cop to get past the heavy police presence to detonate the bomb themselves. Over at Vice Point, Tommy and Lance lure two cops into a garage and beat them up to grab their uniforms. They suit up and head to the Tarbrush Cafe in North Point Mall. Tommy detonates the bomb and the cafe blows up. This explosion causes Tommy to be wanted by the FBI (thus causing a 5-star wanted level) but Tommy manages to evade them and heads back to his mansion with Lance.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get a wanted level so the cops will follow you into the lock-up
- Get two cops to follow you into the garage
- Take a cop car and go and plant the bomb at the Tarbush Coffee Shop in the Mall
- Get back to Vercetti Estate on Starfish Island
- Despite Tommy stating that they will need a squad car, the player can take a civilian vehicle to the mall. This can make escape from the police easier as law enforcement vehicles cannot be resprayed at Pay 'n' Sprays.
The reward for completing this mission is $10,000 and the mission Cap the Collector is unlocked provided the asset missions for at least five other properties are completed. This mission completes the asset strand for the Vercetti Estate, which will now generate a revenue of up to $5,000. The player can also obtain the Cop Outfit from the Washington Beach Police Station.
- Lance carrying a Stubby Shotgun is a reference to Miami Vice. Lance's voice actor, Philip Michael Thomas, occasionally carries the same model shotgun.
- No matter what clothes the player is wearing, when the mission is triggered, Tommy will be wearing the Street Outfit.
- If Lance is still inside the coffee store when it explodes, he will safely respawn next to Tommy when gameplay resumes.
- The name of the mission is likely a nod towards the 1997 Sylvester Stallone film, Cop Land, which starred Ray Liotta, the actor who voiced Tommy Vercetti.
- After getting the cop outfit, the player cannot gain a wanted level until the cafe is blown up.
- Mike's lips do not move during the opening cutscene.
- Despite the previous phone call before the mission between Tommy and Lance, Lance seemed very angry at Tommy and questions why he made him look bad in front of "the boys", however, they never speak of it again. It could be because of Lance's sudden attention towards the situation that needed to be done to not mention his and Tommy's differences.