Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|For the character, see Cougar.|
Cougars are carnivorous big cats that can be found in forested areas throughout San Andreas, from the Vinewood Hills to Mount Chiliad. When one is nearby, the first giveaway will often be its loud growl. If the area is populated, pedestrians will usually be seen running away and screaming. When attacking, a cougar will relentlessly charge at its victim, pounce on them, and kill them instantly with a throat bite. Its fast speed means that killing one before it pounces requires quick thinking and reflexes.
In the Hunting minigame, cougars will spawn frequently and they give off a red area circle on the map similar to Deer when Trevor uses the diaphragm, often tricking the player into walking right into an attack.
As in real life, cougars are not tamable and will run away if the player is driving a vehicle or firing a weapon. If the player encounters a cougar whilst on foot, the cougar will usually attack and kill the player without provocation.
- The cougar is a major threat especially in the hunting minigame killing unaware players when they least expect it.
- It is possible, if the player responds quick enough, to kill or knock out a cougar by kicking it, as seen in this video.
- Should the player try to trap a cougar in car in order to take the cougar to an urbanized area, the animal will eventually die for no reason. This was most likely done intentionally on Rockstar's part to keep players from having cougars to kill the whole town.
- Cougars were already featured in Red Dead Redemption, another Rockstar videogame, in which they were one of the animals the player is able to hunt as well as skin, but now cougars are much slower and less aggressive.
- During hunting, Trevor will usually say "I smell a big cat" or "hello, kitty cat!" when a cougar is coming towards him.
- If the player is using Trevor's special ability he can survive the cougar attack, thus leaving no damage to the player.
- Although mountain lions in real life tend to live in areas with a temperate climate, where their prey is more common, mountain lions can occasionally be found in the hills surrounding the Grand Senora Desert, and are especially common around Mount Gordo.
- Cougars will not attack the player if they are on top of a vehicle.
- Police officers will not engage cougars, even if considered hostile.
- Coyote territories rarely overlap with those of cougars, which means that wilderness with coyotes around is relatively safe to roam on foot.
- Cougars never attack pedestrians, but pedestrians will run away from them when spotting them.