Roman is scared because Niko killed Vlad, and tells Niko during a frantic phone call to meet him on Tulsa Street. Niko arrives to find Roman hiding inside a dumpster, who tells him that they are being followed because Niko killed Vlad. Niko dismisses Roman and says that all they care about is making money. A man appears from behind Niko and knocks him out with the butt end of an AK-47, while ordering Roman out of the dumpster.
Niko wakes up in the basement of Mikhail Faustin's house. Niko is being interrogated by Andrei and Dimitri Rascalov. Faustin enters the basement with a pistol, angry because of all the noise. He seems to not care about Vlad’s death and agrees with Niko that he was a nobody. He then shoots Andrei in the head in a fit of rage but spares Niko on the condition that he starts working for him. Niko’s first task is to steal a van full of televisions so he can make a sale. Once the gag is removed, Roman starts screaming for help so Mikhail shoots him in the stomach to quiet him down. Dimitri unites Niko and tells him to steal a police car.
Niko finds a police car and calls Dimitri. Dimitri informs Niko that the van is driving around south Broker but doesn't know where exactly it is. Niko is forced to pull over random vans and ask the driver if they have any TVs. Niko finally finds one that does. Niko steals the van and drives it to the lockup on Dukes Drive. Roman calls Niko to tell him that he is stitched up and is fine.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Find a cop car.
- Find and pull over the vans before they reach their destinations.
- Stay close to the van to make it pull over.
- Park up and approach the driver's window.
- Steal the van.
- Drive to the lockup.
- Petrovic Family
The player is required to find a police car. There should be one arriving a few houses away from Mikhail's, though the player may simply use a cheat to spawn an FIB Buffalo. The officer inside will exit the car and run away, so the player can steal it without getting a wanted level. Niko will call Dimitri after that, who tells Niko to keep pulling vans over until he finds the TVs.
There should be three target vans. Get to one of them. Turn on the siren and stay close to it until it stop. Exit the car and walk up to the driver. A cutscene will show Niko inspecting the van for the TVs. An easier method to complete the mission is to look for the van with 2 occupants, pull over the van and a short cut-scene will play, after which the van's passenger will shoot at Niko. Kill the attacker, steal the van and follow the GPS route to the lockup. If a wanted level is acquired lose it if necessary.
After the Mission
- Andrei - Killed by Mikhail Faustin for allegedly looking at him in a disrespectful way.
- TV van driver (optional) - You can kill the driver of the TV's van, and it doesn't have any impact in the storyline.
- Van protector - He starts shooting you with a pistol, so it is best to kill him, to prevent him from causing you too much damage.
- Crime and Punishment is the name of the 1866 novel by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, a Russian writer.
- The flatscreens in the back of the vans are manufactured by Schmidt & Priss.
- The driver of the van with the TV's may say "You're making a mistake. We're paying protection money to Kenny Petrovic."
- This is the first appearance of Dimitri Rascalov and Mikhail Faustin.
- This mission marks the second time in the GTA series where the main antagonist is introduced in a mission other than the first mission or opening cutscene. (The first time being Calm Before the Storm).
- Although Roman is the one that gives you the mission, Dimitri Rascalov gives you the instructions.
|Prev: Uncle Vlad||Next: Do You Have Protection?|