Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This pirate film is noted for its exceptional gun battle scene in which live ammunation was mistakenly used. The propmaster went to prison, but not before the movie won scores of awards for some amazing acting that wasn't really acting. Despite its heavy-handed attempts at morality lessons and a rewriting of Greek mythology, entirely lost on 99% of its audience, Curse of Triton remains a wildly-successful swashbuckling classic, and the first leading role for baseball star Ace Jones as legendary buccaneer Willie La Roche. An Irishman with a flair for French fashion, Willie pouts, winks, loots and plunders his way across the Bay of Biscay in lavish silk clothing and takes wenches in his signature way that eventually coined the term "Angry Pirate". In a tournament of libido, he battles his nemesis Gregorio, played by the elephantine strongman of the day, Mad Wayne Thunder. The finale includes the King of Spain, a harem, and a giant squid in a sensational sea battle that was filmed in Austin's pool.
Comments on Classicvinewood.com
- shivermeeee - "That squid looked like someone tied a bunch of uncooked sausage links together" - 2/10 stars
- snailtrail2 - "Mad Wayne Thunder is a beast!" - 7/10 stars
- deadpuggle - "Ace Jones should have stuck to baseball. This performance was very far from a home run." - 4/10 stars
- booboobex - "Ace Jones is HOTTTT!" - 9/10 stars
- sweatyhat9 - "Ever played that drinking game where you do a shot every time Willie says "C'mere, me beauty!" And then punches her in the eye." - 6/10 stars
- feathersword - "Everyone knows Ace Jones was gayer than Christmas. Did you read that book his gardener wrote?" - 4/10 stars
- booboobex - "Are you crazy? Jones was a legendary Vinewood womanizer!" - 9/10 stars
- feathersword - "That's what they wanted you to believe. The guy had more beards than a terrorist training camp." - 4/10 stars
- snailtrail2 - "In his prime apparently Mad Wayne Thunder could throw a cow 50 feet." - 7/10 stars
- congodave - "Does Mad Wayne say anything in this movie other than "Aaaarrr!"?" - 5/10 stars
- kikolumber - "Whiskey sent Thunder crazier than his nickname." - 3/10 stars
- Beastboy34 - "Remember when he pissed himself at that awards show? Hahahahaha" - 1/10 stars
- The final sea battle against a giant squid, could be a reference to the final battle of the movie Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.