Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Rockstar North Limited (formerly DMA Design Limited) is a developer of computer and video games located in Edinburgh, Scotland. The president of the company was Leslie Benzies. The company is a part of Rockstar Games which is owned by Take Two Interactive. It is the primary developer of the Grand Theft Auto series, including Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, and Grand Theft Auto V, which are some of the best-selling games of this console generation; in its earlier guise as DMA, it was responsible for originating the monumentally successful Lemmings franchise. More recently, it is the developer of Grand Theft Auto V. Rockstar North is Rockstar Games' most experienced production company, with a total of 33 games produced under the DMA Design or Rockstar North banner.
As DMA Design
- Blood Money
- Oh No! More Lemmings
- Hired Guns
- Holiday Lemmings 1993
- The Lemmings Chronicles
- Christmas Lemmings
- Grand Theft Auto
- Body Harvest
- Space Station Silicon Valley
- Wild Metal County
- Grand Theft Auto 2
- Grand Theft Auto III (credited as DMA only on PlayStation 2 release)
As Rockstar North
- Grand Theft Auto III
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (with Rockstar Leeds)
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (with Rockstar Leeds)
- Manhunt 2
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- The Lost and Damned (DLC for Grand Theft Auto IV)
- Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (with Rockstar Leeds)
- The Ballad of Gay Tony (DLC for Grand Theft Auto IV)
- Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (Compilation of both DLCs for Grand Theft Auto IV)
- Red Dead Redemption (with Rockstar San Diego)
- Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare (DLC for Red Dead Redemption)
- Max Payne 3 (with multiple Rockstar Studios)
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Agent (In development)
- The Rockstar North logo appears several times in game; for example, in GTA San Andreas it can be seen on the parachute pickup, on the casing of Let's Get Ready to Bumble arcade machines and on a Hotring Racer.
- One of the missions given to players in Mafiya Work or Team Mafiya Work multiplayer games in Grand Theft Auto IV references Rockstar North's efforts researching New York City for the development of the game's rendition of Liberty City. The players' client and boss, Kenny Petrovic, calls to inform that a team of researchers from a "Scottish" video game company are in Liberty City to research the city for the purpose of developing a video game. The players are tasked to pick up the developers so that they have a better understanding of criminal activities; in reality, they simply serve as muscle protecting the player, shooting at any enemies.