- "Sensational and innovative fiction delivered in the form of a newspaper."
- ― Description at Bawsaq.com.
It is mostly based out of the Metro International newspaper, bearing a remarkably similar logo (white text over a green rectangle with a grid globe incorporated onto the design).
In GTA IV, the paper appears to be lesser known in the game's setting, even lacking a website (when a similar paper, the Liberty Tree, operates one). Despite its obscurity, passing pedestrians may be depicted holding and reading the newspaper, and the newspaper is implied to be operating in a large, modern skyscraper in The Triangle, Algonquin, which bears both its name and its logo.
In GTA V, the paper has a much bigger influence. Its central building can be found at the intersection of San Andreas Avenue and Las Lagunas Boulevard in Pillbox Hill, Downtown Los Santos, and it also has offices in Vinewood. Occasionally, after completing a mission, the player can read articles written by the Daily Globe in the in-game internet.
- Forrest Simon, news reporter.
- Cynthia Kelly, finance reporter.
- The newspaper possibly appears in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, as there is a "The Daily Globes" building in Garcia, San Fierro.
- Its phone number is 555-0111.
- The newspaper is a play on the Daily Planet, which is the paper that Clark Kent works for in the Superman universe. The main building of the Daily Globe also has a globe on its top, clearly resembling the main building of the Daily Planet.