Daily Objectives are a feature in Grand Theft Auto Online introduced in the Heists Update. They are unlocked at Rank 15. Players will receive Cash ($25 000) and RP rewards for completing all three given objectives each (real life) day. Reward cash is deposited directly into the player's bank account.
Complete the three daily objectives for seven consecutive days and instead receive a different, larger cash ($100 000) and RP bonus called "Weekly Bonus." The "Monthly Bonus" bonus is awarded for completing them 28 days straight. Objectives are found on the player's Interaction Menu. This is one of the easiest ways of earning cash in Grand Theft Auto Online and does not incur any entry cost, however fee payment for individual objective activities is still required. Daily Objectives reset at 2:00 am EST (6:00 am UTC).
The objectives will consist of at least one job and one activity. Jobs will always be the top objective listed and will be one of the following: Deathmatch (three types), Racing (eight types), Capture (four types), LTS or Versus Mission, Survival or Contact Mission, or a Parachute Jump. Activities can be any other objective listed below.
List of Daily Objectives
Game Modes Objectives
- Participate in a Deathmatch
- Participate in a Team Deathmatch
- Participate in a Vehicle Deathmatch
- Participate in a Race
- Participate in a Land Race
- Participate in a Bike Race
- Participate in a Sea Race
- Participate in an Air Race
- Fly under a bridge in an Air Race (the player can also fly between two large buildings) (Video here.)
- Participate in a Rally Race (Video here.)
- Participate in a GTA Race
- Participate in a Non-Contact Race (Video here.)
- Participate in a Capture:Contend
- Participate in a Capture:GTA (Video here.)
- Participate in a Capture:Hold
- Participate in a Capture:Raid
- Participate in a Survival
- Participate in a Parachute Jump
- Participate in a Last Team Standing
- Participate in a Versus Mission
- Complete a Contact Mission(Video here)
- Play a game of Darts (This has been removed in Enhanced Version)
- Challenge a player at Darts (this has apparently been removed from the game)
- Play a game of Arm Wrestling (This has been removed in Enhanced Version)
- Play a game of Tennis (This has been removed in Enhanced Version)
- Play a round of Golf (This has been removed in Enhanced Version)
- Challenge a player at Golf (this has apparently been removed from the game)
- Complete a Flight School lesson (Video here.)
- Get a Gold Medal in a Flight School Lesson (this is apparently rare; Unknown to be removed)
- Go for a round at the Shooting Range
Free Roam Objectives
- Deliver an Export vehicle to Simeon (High-Priority vehicle or one from his texts) (Removed in Enhanced Version)
- Perform a Stunt Jump
- Complete a Gang Attack
- Hold up a store
- Participate in One on One Deathmatch (This has been removed in Enhanced Version)
- Participate in an Impromptu Race (This has been removed in Enhanced Version)
- Kill 5 players
- Kill 10 players
- Kill 20 players
- Collect a Bounty(Video here.)
- Steal 5 vehicles
- Steal 10 vehicles
- Steal 20 vehicles
- Destroy 5 vehicles
- Destroy 10 vehicles
- Destroy 20 vehicles
- Mod a vehicle at a car mod shop
- Ride on one of the Fairground Rides(Video here.)
- Go to the Movies
- Steal vehicle from the military base (you only need to open the door/cockpit of the vehicle. Video here.)
- Fall for 325 feet and survive (free-fall for that distance before deploying a parachute or fall under a map to complete it)
- Parachute from 325 feet (Video here.)
- Parachute from 500 feet
- Parachute from 650 feet
- Parachute dangerously (deploy parachute 200 feet or less from the ground)
- Pull a parachute 30 meters from the ground
- Have a private dance at the Vanilla Unicorn (this has apparently been removed from the game)
- Escape a 2 star Wanted Level
- Escape a 3 star Wanted Level(Video here.)
- Escape a 4 star Wanted Level
- Escape a 5 star Wanted Level
- Perform a wheelie for 10 seconds (Video here.)
Contact Service Objectives
- Kill a revealed player (done in a Deathmatch or Capture, using Lester's "Reveal hidden players" option)
- Kill a player while Off the Radar (Ghost Organization can be used by the VIP/CEO Only)
- Bribe the Cops then cause havoc (blow up 10-20 cars after paying the cops to Turn a Blind Eye or Bribe Authorities)
- Use some Bull Shark Testosterone
- Call a Mugger on another player
- Collect an Ammo Drop
- 3,000 RP
- 15,000 RP
- You get this bonus for every seven consecutive days you complete tasks
- 50,000 RP
- You get this bonus for every twenty-eight consecutive days you complete tasks
- Your 10th completed activity has a $10,000 bonus
- Your 20th completed activity has a $20,000 bonus
- Your 50th completed activity has a $50,000 bonus
- Your 100th completed activity has a $100,000 bonus
- There was a bug with the "Perform a Stunt Jump" objective. If the player had all stunt jumps made, it seemed impossible to achieve the objective. By racing the Rockstar-created race "Downtown Underground" the player could complete the objective simply by following the course over the stunt jump, even if they had already completed that jump. This was fixed in the 1.27 Title Update.
- A game of Tennis should be completed in order to count. If the opponent quits or disconnects, it may be not counted as "complete", even though it is counted as a "win".
- Sometimes, the objectives on one day may carry over to the next day, and will be ticked through, as if they have already been completed, rendering completing the objectives for that day impossible. This affects progress on the weekly or monthly bonuses. Even despite claiming the issue was fixed, it still exists in-game, and can prevent the player from gaining the monthly (or weekly) rewards.
- To make up for this issue, for now, Rockstar are giving cash rewards to players who suffer from issues every month.
- "Evade wanted level stars" objective may not count if it was completed during a heist or a mission and cause the objective to become unresponsive until the game is restarted.
- The "Evade wanted level stars" may also randomly not count even if it was completed in free roam. Quitting the game then restarting it then immediately re-attempting the evasion may work, otherwise restarting the console and restoring the file system seems to fix this issue.
- While the game reliably displays the daily completion ($25,000 and 3,000 RP) pop-up notice, after completing them the first time, it may not display the weekly ($100,000 and 15,000 RP) or monthly ($500,000 and 50,000 RP), but the player will receive those bonuses.
- If a player switches character, exits without saving after they receive new Daily Objectives, then opens GTA Online, will display yesterday's daily objectives (Daily Objectives will not properly change).
- This is considered to be a glitch to freeze Daily Objectives.
- In total, considering all bonuses, awards, and numeric rewards, the player can earn $1,580,000 and 169,500 RP in one month of completed objectives. This is in addition to the individual rewards of the objectives, themselves (if any). Eventually, this total will change, due to numeric bonuses which do not follow a monthly pattern.
- Daily Objecives can be changed by exiting GTA Online without saving whenever they received new objectives. This helps the player who are unable to take or pass this daily objective without having their weekly or monthly progress to be affected.
- As Tennis and Arm Wrestling can not be done solo, there aren't "Challenge a player to..." versions of those objectives.
- If the player participates in a Capture or Deathmatch, the player can leave the job (or be kicked by other players) part way through, and still gain the objective completion message once they rejoin a session.
- For the Stealing Vehicles and Steal Military Vehicle objectives the player only has to get in and either start the engine or take control of the vehicle from the previous driver for the objective to count. The player does not have to escape with the vehicle or even survive beyond that point. Owned military vehicles delivered by Pegasus do not count for this objective, even if they are owned by another player.
- On the 28 May, 2015, many players who reported technical issues with Daily Objectives to Rockstar were rewarded $250,000 to $500,000 to apologize for the inconvenience.
- If the player gets the "Perform a wheelie for 10 seconds" objective but doesn't own a suitable motorcycle, choosing the Rockstar created race Taking Off and changing the class to Motorcycles gives the player an ideal location to use the Bati 801 or 801RR, which have a superb ability to maintain a wheelie.
A bicycle can also be used to complete the wheelie objective.
- Upon the original release, Daily Objective Weekly and Monthly awards would count as an additional bonus alongside the daily reward. This was recently changed to count as the initial reward.
- Some Daily Objectives in enhanced version may apparently become rare for any instances, but in the original version, most Daily Objectives are common.
- ↑ Though this is not a Game Mode activity, it can only be done during an Air Race as doing this in free-roam does not count.
- ↑ Air Races in which this can be done easily are Burn Your Bridges, Burn Your Bridges II, Flying Low, Loose Canyon and Over the Hill.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Killing the same player multiple times also counts. Also, player-kills in game modes such as a Deathmatch also count towards the objective.
- ↑ The Mugger does not have to be successful to complete this objective.