- "Hey, where's the coffee and doughnuts?"
- — Guppy.
Dam and Blast is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas given to protagonist Carl Johnson by Wu Zi Mu as part of plans to pull off a heist of Caligula's Palace from The Four Dragons Casino, a casino located along The Strip in Las Venturas, San Andreas.
Carl Johnson, having successfully convincing Millie Perkins to date her in order to obtain her keycard, is now positioned to continue preparations for the heist on the main vault of Caligula's Palace. His next step is to establish a means of temporarily cutting the power supply to Las Venturas in order to provide himself and Wu Zi Mu's men with the cover of darkness and the resulting confusion while robbing the safe. To do this, Carl heads out to Sherman Dam, which supplies Las Venturas with hydroelectric power, to plant remotely detonated explosives on the main generators. After sneaking into the dam's facilities and planting the explosives, Carl narrowly escapes capture by performing a swan-dive from one of the dam's control towers into the outlet channel to the south (erroneously labeled as Sherman Reservoir by the game).
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to the airport. You're going to need a plane to parachute onto the dam quay
- Fly the aircraft to the jump point over the dam
- Get to the highest altitude possible using the aircraft
- Land on the dam quay
- Go and pick up the knife
- Get past the guards and find the entrance to the generator room
- When close to a generator press RETURN to plant the charges. You need one on each generator
- All the generators have been rigged, get to the exit
Some online walkthroughs for this mission, such as that posted at the WikiGTA website, indicate that Carl loses his weapons after parachuting out of the plane. In the PS2 and Xbox 360 versions, at least, Carl keeps all his weapons for the mission. It's unclear whether this is a glitch, or the loss of weapons reported in the walkthroughs is a glitch; the BradyGames Official Strategy Guide makes no reference to losing weapons (and neither do either of the video walkthroughs on this page). The player regains his weapons at the end of the mission, other than any Brass Knuckles or Parachutes he had.
- For the first objective, go to the airport and get a plane, CJ still has to do this even if he already spawned one using Cheats.
- Carl has to find the knife on the quay in order for the mission to continue, even if he already has one.
- The two eavesdroppers in this mission are the same two men in the mission Madd Dogg who cajole and taunt Madd Dogg, yelling at him to jump off the building in Las Venturas he is planning to jump from. They are also seen in the Mountain Cloud Boys mission, rooting for their respective bets in the betting shop. One of them can be seen in The Introduction where Carl robs his money in an alleyway.
- Even though there's a heavy police presence hunting down CJ in the final cutscene, including Enforcers, he only attains a one-star wanted level upon completion of the mission.
- If "Unlimited ammo" cheat is activated, the player can hold the weapon and is allowed to use inside the dam.