|For the similar vehicle in 3D Universe, see Coach.|
- "Is there a more iconic image than a Dashound coach broken down at the side of the road in some armpit of the Midwest? Own a true slice of Americana, then put in a stripper pole and turn it into a party bus."
- ―Warstock Cache & Carry description.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
The Dashound was originally a vehicle meant to appear in San Andreas, however it was removed for unknown reasons. Found in files as "dach.txd", it had GTA III truck wheels, different lights and a California number plate.
Basically, it is like a variant of the Bus, labeled with the same name and probably has a different performance, due to the fact that is "separated" from the Bus in the game files.
Grand Theft Auto V
It is a large, blue and white coach. The vehicle's name, as well as a picture of a dachshund, are on the sides of the coach. The coach also has a red and blue front bumper. It is based on the real life MCI Renaissance E series bus, while "Dashound" is a parody of Greyhound Lines.
Unlike the Bus, it is rounded and has a more modern appearance, though it's still boxy on the sides and has just one door on the right, where passengers enter to sit.
Being a large vehicle, its speed leaves much to be desired, and, with its heavy weight and rear engine, it also leaves a slow acceleration time of 12 seconds. Its top speed is better than the ordinary bus. The powerful Inline 6 engine makes a large engine sound, sounding even louder than the Bus'. However, on the down side, its large height makes it prone to tipping over, even on the slightest of corners, so care must be taken when approaching corners, slowing down is advised to make a safe corner. If it does tip over, it can be nearly impossible to get back onto its wheels, the only way possible is to use props and land relief as a 'grip', wheel-spinning on a prop will result on the coach pulling itself onto its wheels.
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / km/h)
(AWD / FWD / RWD)
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||100 / 161 (Handling.dat)||
8500 / 18739 (Handling.dat)
Inline 4 (In-game model)
Mass cannot be observed.
- Often found driving around Los Santos International Airport and on the Great Ocean Highway and eastern highways.
- Commonly found parked near the entrance of the Hill Valley Church on West Eclipse Boulevard, Pacific Bluffs.
- Sometimes seen parked on the street in Vespucci Beach.
- Sometimes found parked in the coach stands at the Vinewood Bowl.
- Can be bought for $525,000 from Warstock Cache & Carry (Online only).
- It is very similar to the Coach, which has only appeared in the 3D Universe games, with the exception of GTA IV's beta.
- Its name is possibly one of multiple plays; one is "Das hund" which is literally "The Dog" in German, which people have referred to riding Greyhound as "Riding The Dog". The other is the common mispronouncing of "Dachshund" as "Dash-hound".
- On Rockstar Social Club, the vehicle is spelled "Dashhound" instead of Dashound. "Dashhound" is an obvious reference to "Dash Hound", as explained above.
- The Dashound has its own station in Textile City near Simmet Alley. However, instead of the station being used by Dashound coaches, it is used as a bus station for the buses of Los Santos. This station is also encountered in the mission The Bus Assassination.
- The Dashound was modeled for GTA IV as a Coach bus. This model didn't make it into the game, but it was reused for GTA V featuring minor changes. The beta model was larger and has grey schemes.
- There's a glitch where if one steals a loaded Dashound, then leave it far away from the driver and walk away, the same driver will respawn on the vehicle and drive like nothing happened. Also, there is a glitch where the vehicle's wheels will move themselves from side to side, even with no driver.
- Close inspection reveals that the Dashound dog is showing its penis.
- The horn was alternated for the enhanced version of the game; it is much higher in pitch.
- The horn sounds very similar to the Bus' horn in GTA IV.