|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is not featured on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
|This article contains insufficient information and is considered as a Stub. You can help the GTA Wiki by as much as you can.|
- "In Los Santos, when it's time to make a profit you do whatever it takes. In this case, that means parachuting from a chopper directly into a poorly-lit crossfire, using thermal and night vision to identify and gun down the opposition, and working with your team to track down the crate containing your tax-exempt profit margin. Time to make the deal."
- — In-game Description
- "Gun down your enemies under the cover of darkness as you race to track down highly coveted contraband in Dawn Raid, the newest mode added to GTA Online. Two teams of up to six parachute into a combat zone in search of a transmitter hidden inside of a package. Your objective is to find it and transport it to the evacuation zone. Armed to the teeth and aided with Night and Thermal Vision Goggles, you must utilize the Trackify app to locate the correct package. But be careful, using Trackify makes you vulnerable to enemy fire."
- — Rockstar Newswire description.
The mode is essentially Capture The Flag and consists of a match where both teams have to raid through parachuting from a stationary Cargobob in order to retrieve a transmitter from its hideout. The match takes place at dawn (hence the name) and the teams can make use of Night Vision and Thermal Vision.
The raid team have to find and steal a transmitter located somewhere in the specified area, which is stored in any of the possible crates seemingly hidden within the place and must be tracked with the Trackify app. Once a player has found the item, it will be indicated for both teams, so they need to escort them to take it to their respective drop off points near a black Speedo. The difficulty is that the player who is carrying the object will move a bit slower and is unable to jump, so players have to make effective use of their weapons to defend said player from the opposing team.
If none of the teams retrieved the transmitter after the given time, a Sudden Death is triggered and players have 30 seconds to enter the dome before the sudden death starts. Once initiated, the match becomes a Last Team Standing on a dome around the transmitter itself and both teams have one minute to take out the opposing team to win the round. If the mode ends without a team completely taken out, the team with the most players alive wins the round, but if both have the same number, is a draw. The team who won most rounds wins the game.
|Dawn Raid I takes place in Grand Senora Desert, Blaine County. Crates are located around the Redwood Lights Track.|
|Dawn Raid II takes place in Grand Senora Desert, Blaine County. Crates are located around Thomson Scrapyard.|
|Dawn Raid III takes place in La Mesa, Los Santos. Crates are located around the Fridgit factory.|
|Dawn Raid IV takes place in Paleto Forest, Blaine County. Crates are located around the Paleto Forest Sawmill.|
|Dawn Raid V takes place in Sandy Shores, Blaine County. Crates are located around the Derelict Motel.|
|Dawn Raid VI takes place in Grapeseed, Blaine County. Crates are located around the O'Neil Ranch.|
|Dawn Raid VII takes place in Port of Los Santos. Crates are located around the warehouses from the Pier 400.|
- Dawn Raid I on Social Club
- Dawn Raid II on Social Club
- Dawn Raid III on Social Club
- Dawn Raid IV on Social Club
- Dawn Raid V on Social Club
- Dawn Raid VI on Social Club
- Dawn Raid VII on Social Club
- ↑ New in GTA Online The Dewbauchee Vagner Supercar Dawn Raid Mode Independence. Rockstar Newswire (June 30, 2017).