|For the controllable aircraft, see Dodo.|
The Dead Dodo is essentially an unobtainable version of the regular Dodo. It has a slightly darker skin texture in contrast to its controllable counterpart, along with flashing white and red strobe lights. Shooting the plane down can result in a three-star wanted level (Two-star wanted level in Vice City), but can escalate into a four-star wanted level upon explosion (Three-star wanted level in Vice City). The plane is in no way solid, so if the player somehow manages to reach its set height, they will just phase right through it. This remains the same in the missions. It is only solid to weapons. Despite it being unobtainable, it can be set on fire. Spawning through third-party trainers, such as the garage editor will crash the game upon appearing as it is a vehicle that relies only on a path. It also appears in the handling file of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. In GTA Vice City it can be seen with a banner attached to the tail. The banner differs in the PS2 version and the Xbox and PC versions. In the PS2 version the banner will have the generic newspaper with the SWAT team headline, while in the other two the Zombie Elvis Found! paper can be seen.
Flight DAT Files
|DeadDodo (A Drop in the Ocean)||Flight4.DAT|
- A Drop In The Ocean - Where it must be followed to capture cargo that it is dropping.
- S.A.M. - Where it is destroyed so cargo can be collected.
The Deaddodo can also be found flying around while freeroaming
Mass: 25500 (as with most unobtainable vehicles)
Top speed: 140.0 knots
Acceleration: 24.0 knots
Braking rate: 10.00 knots
- The DeadDodo shares the same in-game name with the normal Dodo.
- Even with the use of the destroy all cars cheat, it does not affect the plane.
- The DeadDodo was meant to appear as a controllable vehicle in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, but cut during development. This is evidenced in the handling files and it is probably replaced by the Skimmer, probably a leftover from GTA III. However, it is possible to spawn the plane in GTA Vice City without crashing the game by opening the default.ide file, finding the DeadDodo's line, and changing its type from "plane" to "boat". However, it cannot be controlled when entered. If you try to spawn or push it in the water, it will sink, alternatively, the plane can go 'crazy' by moving everywhere.
- In GTA Vice City, if you are to destroy the plane, the banner it was pulling will just slowly descend towards the ground, going directly downwards.
- The message on the banners in Vice City is 'Zombie Elvis Found!' and uses exactly the same picture as the GTA III newspapers.
- The propeller on the DeadDodo is static.
- The DeadDodo can be obtained by save editing in GTA III, and parking it in the Staunton Island Safehouse. Unlike in GTA Vice City, it can be controlled, and has a missing name, namely, "DeadDodo_missing"