- "Agent Dave Norton puts Michael in a difficult situation."
- ―GTA V description at Rockstar Games Social Club
Dave asks Michael to meet him at the Galileo Observatory. During the meeting, Michael confesses that he robbed the Vangelico store with Franklin and dares Dave to arrest him, to allow Dave to gain extra credit with the FIB.
Dave refuses. Instead, he asks Michael for a favor. Ferdinand Kerimov, an informant and suspected terrorist, has been declared dead by the IAA, but the FIB believe he's being "debriefed" somewhere. Dave wants Michael to enter the morgue in Strawberry and confirm that Kerimov is indeed dead. Because the IAA has the morgue secured, Michael must sneak in. Dave facetiously remarks that Michael should have no trouble "playing dead", before knocking him out with a Nightstick. With Michael slipping out of conciousness, Dave quickly informs him to call him when he regains conciousness.
In the morgue, Michael regains conciousness in a body bag. The bag is soon unzipped and two medical examiners begin preparing Michael's body for autopsy. Michael surprises the examiners, choking one while the other runs away. A guard soon appears who Michael can take down with a sneak attack. Michael then checks the corpses in the morgue. He discovers one with Kerimov's name on the toe tag, but the body is of a black woman, and is obviously not Kerimov. Michael calls Dave to relay the news. Dave tells Michael he must escape the morgue.
At this point, more guards appear. Michael must shoot his way through the first floor and up to the second where he retrieves his clothes and weapons. From there, Michael must shoot out a window and jump into a dumpster below. Michael must then evade the cops (using either a Felon, a Baller, or another vehicle), after which he calls Franklin and asks him to meet at the oil derricks in El Burro Heights. Once there, Michael urges Franklin to flee Los Santos, warning him that the FIB will soon put Franklin's life in danger. Franklin states that Michael has helped him, and so he will help Michael. Michael thanks Franklin for his loyalty. Franklin leaves and the mission ends.
- Search the morgue for the body.
- Escape from the building.
- Escape through the window.
- Shoot out the window and escape.
- Lose the cops.
- Go to the oil derricks.
- The initial goal to check the bodies and Dave's phone call can be skipped if the player decides to escape the morgue.
- It is also possible for the player to avoid most of the gunfight. However, it's very difficult to pull off. The player will most likely be able pull it of by doing the following: have a body armor before going to the mission, once the player knocks out the bodyguard to take his gun, keep the fist equipped. After that run towards the lab, don't worry about the first two guards shooting at you since you're equipped with the fist they won't shoot at you immediately giving you enough time to shake them. From here on keep a fast pace as the third guard on the lab will start to shoot at the player, sustaining some damage, after shaking him off, immediately equip your pistol and shoot the last guard on the lab and the guard with the shotgun. After that quickly head to the elevator/stair access area where there will be four guards. Two of them won't be able to move because of a glitch but the one coming off the elevator and the one coming from the right will shoot at you. Shoot either one of the two guards and quickly head to the staircase to the top floor. The player by this point will need to maintain at least 3/4 of health until reaching the top, thus after reaching the first staircase the player will have to kill all the enemies coming at them without losing the said damage. After reaching the top floor, avoid getting your weapons since if you stay there more guards will come at you and don't worry since the weapons will automatically be given back to you after completing the mission. Quickly head to the right where there will be guards that will shoot at the player, making damage. In order to take less damage, the player will have to be quick and point the pistol to the guard close to the window since guard will try to run for cover which will give the player a chance to avoid some damage enough to escape through the window.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Accuracy - Finish with a shooting accuracy of at least 70%.
- Using a low damage weapon will score more hits, upping the accuracy stat.
- Headshots - Kill 14 enemies with a headshot.
- Michael's special ability may greatly aid the player on this objective. Headshots can quickly refill the special ability bar.
- Time - Complete within 09:30.
- Skip the cutscenes. The Felon is useful for a quick escape. Shoot the window once Michael is out of the dumpster and use the rear exit of the coroner's office to avoid the police.
- Focused Killer - Kill 4 enemies using Michael's special ability.
- Kill most enemies with the special ability. It also helps for the headshot objective.
- Unmarked - Complete with minimal damage to health and armor.
- Take cover throughout the mission and don't pick up weapons and armor until all enemies are dead on the last floor.
- Having armor prior to the mission will reduce the damage taken. If playing as part of the story there's one near the Observatory.
- @Ismorticianpete - "So I'm about to slice and dice at the morgue when the dude wakes up and goes psycho! Had to run for my life! Who says I got a boring job now!"
- @mandybrocoli - "You hear about that shootout at the coroners in South LS? Apparently IAA was involved. What's your call - terrorists or zombies?"
- If Michael doesn't "wake up" when the doctors are examining him, they will eventually cut him open with a bonesaw, killing him and failing the mission. During this time, moving the camera around will result in some unique dialog between the doctors about how his corpse is "reanimating.'"
- A possible plot hole exists during the initial cutscene of this mission. Dave knocks Michael out with a Nightstick and after doing this, tells Michael to call him when he gets to the morgue. However, Michael would be near-unconscious by this point and wouldn't have been able to hear Dave's instructions. It is possible that Michael could have either heard Dave as he was slipping into unconsciousness, or he assumed that ending up in the morgue was part of Dave's plan, though he expresses surprise when he phones Dave later in the mission.
- Dave uses a unique Nightstick to knock Michael out during the initial cutscene, which is not seen outside of it and cannot be obtained by the player.
- One of the alarms that can be heard during the escape is the same used in The Lost and Damned mission Off Route, when Johnny Klebitz steals a Prison Bus.
- In Max Payne 2, there's an arcade mode also called Dead Man Walking.
- The guard that searches for Michael wears the same outfit as Steve Haines.
- Regardless of which vehicle Michael uses to escape from the police, once his wanted level is cleared the radio will automatically tune into Los Santos Rock Radio and "Radio Ga Ga" by Queen will always play.
- Franklin can be seen at the oil derricks talking on his phone when Michael calls him.
- Strangely, if Michael injures one of the medics inside the coroners office but doesn't kill him, the medic may pull out a Pistol and die shortly afterwards.
- According to the "bleets" in Bleeter, it is likely that the medical examiner, seen running away, is called Pete, due to a user account called @lsmorticianpete bleeting: "So I'm about to slice and dice at the morgue when the dude wakes up and goes psycho! Had to run for my life! Who says I got a boring job now!", which is the same situation seen in the mission.
- If the IAA agents with the Pump Shotguns and SMGs are shot and injured, they will pull out standard Pistols. The ones with the Combat Pistols will still hold them when injured.
- The first objective "Search the morgue for the body" will be skipped automatically if the player tries to escape the morgue without checking the corpses after taking down the first guard. If this happens, Michael will not call Dave to relay the news about Kerimov.
- If the player doesn't pick up the bag containing Michael's weapons, they will automatically be returned after the mission.