- "Hey Toni! Why don't you swim over here and kiss my ass?"
- ―Paulie Sindacco
Dead Reckoning is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by Leone Family Don Salvatore Leone from the police station in Pike Creek, Shoreside Vale, Liberty City.
Toni visits Salvatore in prison again, this time standing underneath the window of his cell. Salvatore is still irate at being put in jail and tells Toni that he wants revenge on Sindacco Family Don Paulie Sindacco before he leaves Liberty City. Toni drives to the dock at Cochrane Dam and sees Paulie in his boat. Paulie tells his men to shoot at Toni, who manages kill him and his men from the shore.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Intercept Paulie Sindacco at the Cochrane Dam Power House.
- Kill Paulie Sindacco. Don't let him get away
- Grab some wheels and ambush Paulie from the shore!
- Paulie Sindacco - Killed by Toni Cipriani under the orders of Salvatore Leone, who wanted revenge against Sindacco for causing his incarceration as well as to end the Sindacco Family once and for all.
- Paulie Sindacco's men - Killed by Toni Cipriani for attempting to kill him as well as in getting in his way of killing Paulie Sindacco.
Post Mission Phone Call Script
Toni Cipriani: Yeah?
Donald Love: Toni? It's Donald. No wait, don't hang up! I've got a very exciting proposition for you... please call round at my current... um... residence, and I'll fill you in. Toni...? Please, Toni, have a heart. I'm calling you with my last di...
The reward for completing the mission is $3,000 and the Shogun Showdown and Panlantic Land Grab missions. Also, with the death of Paulie Sindacco, the Sindacco Argentos as well as Sindacco Family members will no longer appear in Torrington, thus making the area safer, and therefore, wiping out the Sindacco presence permanently in the city.
|PS2 Version||iOS Version|
- In this mission, Paulie Sindacco says "Hey Toni! Why don't you swim up here and kiss my ass?". Ironically, however, Toni cannot swim.
- When Toni blows up the boat and kills Paulie, he says Ladies and gentlemen, Paulie Sindacco has left the building!. This is a reference to Elvis Presley's famous catchphrase Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building!.
- In navigation, "dead reckoning" is the process of calculating one's current position by using a previously determined position, or fix, and advancing that position based upon known or estimated speeds over elapsed time and course.