|This article or section refers to content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is not featured on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "Turn the streets of Los Santos into a stylish electronic videogame battle to the death with the latest update to GTA Online. Achieve hyper speed on the futuristic Nagasaki Shotaro and demolish foes with the power of your light trail in the new Adversary Mode, Deadline."
- ―Rockstar Newswire description.
- "Deadline pits up to four players against another, each mounted on a different colored Shotaro, which emits a temporary light trail as you ride through the arena. Any competitor unfortunate enough to come in contact with said trail meets an instant explosion. Make calculated movements to force opponents to cross your trail’s path and take advantage of strategic power-ups for a competitive edge; use Boost to speed ahead and cut off your opponents, slow down time with Zoned for precision movement, or leap your opponent’s light trail with Hop."
- ―Rockstar Newswire description.
Up to four players are set in differently colored Shotaros over a large floating platform as the arena in what essentially is the 3D version of Don't Cross the Line. The objective of the game is to take out the rival players by using the bike's energy trail to block their paths. Any player that touches the rival bike's trail will instantly explode, losing one of their lives (which number varies on the lobby setting).
The bikes are scripted to not stop completely, only to a minimum speed that is considered acceptable. If the player dies but still has lives, they will respawn with a few seconds of invincibility and if the player falls out of the arena, they will also lose a life, as it happens in the Adversary Mode, Sumo. Touching their own energy trail or crashing into an obstacle to even stop the bike completely also makes the bike explode. Although the player's bike will explode by touching an enemy energy trail, they will still survive if they just collide with the rival's bike.
Once the player loses all their lives, they no longer respawn on the arena and is automatically the loser of the match, once it ends, while the remaining player is considered the winner. If the time runs out, the winner is the player who has the most remaining lives of the match. If there is no way to tell the winner, a sudden death round will be activated. In this phase, participants must stay within an area called Sudden Death Zone, represented by a dome (similar to Penned In and Sumo); if a player leaves the area, they will be eliminated.
Taking part in one round of Deadline unlocks the decommissioned Shotaro for purchase on Legendary Motorsport and the outfits in any clothing store, whether the player wins or loses.
Players have three different power-ups, which are placed randomly on the arena and can be picked up for an opportunity of the player and can give them an advantage on the match if used correctly. The power ups are:
| ||The player's bike receives a speed boost, allowing them to block the rival player's path quickly, especially when their bikes are going to encounter each other on the same place.|
| ||Allows the player to slow-down the time, allowing them for better control over their bikes. This power-up lasts for five seconds.|
| ||Gives the player's bike the ability to jump, allowing them to avoid enemy energy trails.|
- Adversary Mode added to the game with payout increased by 25% during Deadline Event Week (November 8, 2016 - November 21, 2016).
- Payout increased by 25% during Executives Bonus Weekend (December 8, 2016 - December 12, 2016).
- Deadline IV featured as part of the 2x GTA$ - RP Event Playlist during the GTA Online Bonuses Event Week (January 31, 2017 - February 13, 2017).
|Deadline I: Located above Pillbox Hill.|
|Deadline II: Located above the runway, Los Santos International Airport.|
|Deadline III: Located at the Vinewood Sign, Vinewood Hills.|
|Deadline IV: Located above Sandy Shores Airfield, Sandy Shores.|
|Deadline V: Located above Terminal.|
|Deadline VI: Located above Lake Vinewood, Vinewood Hills.|
|Deadline VI: Located above El Gordo Lighthouse, Mount Gordo.|
- Possibly due to internet connection issues and/or lag, when a player respawns, the bike could immediately explode. It may also happen continuously.
- ↑ If the player is on the Green Team.
- ↑ If the player is on the Orange Team.
- ↑ If the player is on the Purple Team.
- ↑ If the player is on the Pink Team.
- The Shotaro will have unique effects not seen in Freemode, such as an unique horn and unique static effects on its wheels.
- The absence of those unique effects is explained in its Legendary Motorsport description. 
- This Adversary Mode is based on the light cycle games in the Tron franchise .