|For the similarly named mission in Grand Theft Auto IV, see Deconstruction for Beginners,|
- "No, hold up. I got this. I need to go and teach them a little respect, huh?"
- — CJ about the construction workers.
Carl goes into the garage to check up on his new workforce, who are working on a Remington. Suddenly, an angry Kendl comes in and explains that construction workers from the construction site next to the garage have been harassing her. Cesar attempts to confront them, but Carl tells him he will sort it, claiming he has been "thinking about getting new land anyway".
Carl goes to the nearby construction site in Doherty to try and deter the building company from getting on the bad side of the Johnson family. He destroys six huts while workers are trying to stop him. After the huts have been destroyed, the foreman appears from inside a portable toilet, witnesses the destruction, and heads back into the toilet. Carl uses a bulldozer to push the foreman's toilet into a ditch, then uses a cement mixer to fill the ditch with cement, burying the foreman alive.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Destroy all the portables. You will need a bulldozer
- Destroy all the portables before the cops arrive
- Bury the foreman and his toilet
- Get in a cement truck
- Back into position in front of the hole
- Many of the huts have explosive barrels next to them. These can be shot at to destroy the huts. Other explosive weapons such as rocket launchers and satchel charges can be used to destroy the huts.
- The wrecking ball is usable during and after the mission and can be used, though it is ineffective.
- The best way to destroy the huts without being attacked by the construction workers is to plant satchel charges on all the huts and destroy them with a single press of the detonator, but the risk of doing this, means it might attract unwanted police attention. Each hut requires two charges to destroy.
- When using a dozer, Carl can be carjacked by the workers, make sure that a drive-by weapon is at the ready to fend them off. One hit from the dozer can dismantle any of those huts.
- In the PC, mobile and later PS2 versions, if a concrete mixer is destroyed, another will spawn to do the task.
- In fact, if one is destroyed another will always spawn, Carl should not worry if the truck gets stuck as he can simply wreck it and grab a new one.
- The song playing in the background during the opening cutscene is "Low Rider" by War, which can also be heard on Master Sounds 98.3.
- The portable toilet the foreman is in is surprisingly heavy and is only able to be pushed properly with the dozer. However, in some occasions, using satchel charges, rockets, or even grenades can push the toilet into the hole.
- Pushing the portable toilet into water will not do anything.
- The foreman can say eight different lines of dialogue when the player continuously pushes the portable toilet.
- In the mobile version, race tournaments are unlocked after Jethro's phone call, along with the Driving School classes.
- This is the only time a Cement Truck is seen pouring cement.