The Deluxo is based on the DeLorean DMC-12, although various differences may be noted, including taillights more reminiscent of Ferrari's dual circular taillights from many of its 1970s and 1980s models, headlights similar to those of a Renault Alpine GTA/A610, and a wider spectrum of body colors. The Deluxo is best suited for street racing due to its excellent handling and acceleration, however, it does not withstand damage well. As with most vehicles in the series, the Deluxo has rear wheel drive.
The Deluxo is one of the fastest cars in the game. However, its top speed does not compare to the Infernus or the Cheetah. The Deluxo is probably the 3rd or 4th fastest vehicle in the game. The engine has the same sound as the Infernus in GTA Vice City, so it is possibly a V8 as well. The vehicle's braking is pretty good and responsive, and handling is pretty satisfactory. The only drawback the car has is that it's extremely fragile and won't stand up to a large number of crashes. Also, the vehicle tends to lose control when hitting objects at high speeds.
- The trip skip icon used in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas features the side profile of a Deluxo. The car is otherwise absent in-game. It may be a reference to the film series Back to the Future, which features a DeLorean-based time machine.
GTA Vice City
- Parked inside Sunshine Autos after completing the first list for the import garage.
GTA Vice City Stories
- Found at InterGlobal Films (sometimes appears in place of the Stinger).
- Parked in front of Gonzalez's apartment at Ducum Inn.
- Parked in Ocean Beach near the bridge going to the fairground.