The Deluxo is based on the DeLorean DMC-12, although various differences may be noted, including taillights more reminiscent of Ferrari's dual circular taillights from many of its 1970s and 1980s models, headlights similar to those of a Renault Alpine GTA/A610, and a wider spectrum of body colors. The Deluxo is best suited for street racing due to its excellent handling and acceleration, however, it does not withstand damage well. As with most vehicles in the series, the Deluxo has rear wheel drive.
The Deluxo is a fast car, but its speed is not on par with the Infernus, and the Cheetah. The engine has the same sound as the Infernus in GTA Vice City, so it is possibly a V8 as well. The vehicle's braking is pretty good and responsive, and handling is pretty satisfactory. The only drawback that this car has is it's extreme fragility. It won't stand up to a large number of crashes. Also, the vehicle tends to lose control when barely hitting objects at high speeds.
- The trip skip icon used in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas features the side profile of a Deluxo. The car is otherwise absent in-game. It may be a reference to the film series Back to the Future, which features a DeLorean-based time machine.
GTA Vice City
- Parked inside Sunshine Autos after completing the first list for the import garage.
GTA Vice City Stories
- Found at InterGlobal Films (sometimes appears in place of the Stinger).
- Parked in front of Gonzalez's apartment at Ducum Inn.
- Parked in Ocean Beach near the bridge going to the fairground.