- "If you like your dinghies like you like your prophylactics then this is the one for you. A lightweight, high capacity rigid-hulled inflatable boat that's good enough for a team of sailors on shore leave."
- ―DockTease webpage.
In GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City Stories, the Dinghy is designed as a small inflatable boat with two rear-mounted motors, being one of the smallest boats in each game. The Dinghy spawns commonly in the game's world. The Dinghy can seat only one person however.
In GTA IV, the Dinghy bears a brand new design, and now resembles a military Rigid-Hull Inflatable Boat, is available with one or two motors, and can hold a maximum of four people. In GTA IV, it will come with a frame at the front, over the windshield.
In GTA Chinatown Wars, the design of the Dinghy is very close, if not identical, to the 3D-era Dinghy.
In GTA V, the design of the Dinghy remains basically the same as in GTA IV. The Dinghy has now two distinct versions: a Dinghy without the frame over the windshield and two seats, and a second one with the frame moved to the rear end and featuring a third workable light, as well as two extra seats.
Designed as a small and light boat, the Dinghy has good acceleration and top speed, and is very maneuverable. Due to it being very common, it comes as a good choice as a water vehicle.
The Dinghy, due to it being larger than the 3D Universe rendition, does not performs as well as it did in former games, although it is still one of the best boats in both of its appearances, having good top speed and maneuverability. The boat has 2 powerful outboard engines.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(Inboard / Outboard)
(Kg / lb)
Mass cannot be observed.
GTA Vice City
- On the western shore of the Vice Point canals.
GTA San Andreas
- On water near Pier 69, San Fierro
- On water at bottom of Mount Chiliad, Whetstone
- Under southmost bridge between Bone County and Tierra Robada
- Pier of the Sherman Dam, Sherman Reservoir
- Commony found anywhere that has more than 1 dock.
- Surrounding Easter Bay Airport, along with many Coastguards
GTA Vice City Stories
- Around Port Tudor, Alderney.
- Docked on a pontoons around Happiness Island.
- On the waterways of Liberty City.
GTA Chinatown Wars
- Next to a dock off the western coast of East Island City, Dukes.
- Next to a wooden dock in Hatton Gardens north of the Civilization Committee, in Algonquin.
- At the drydocks in the middle of Elysian Island (normal variant). Just east of the Olifantus.
- By the barge under the Miriam Turner Overpass (normal variant).
- Southwest of the Post Op depository (normal variant).
- South side of the island by the dry docks (normal variant).
- In the Sonar Collections Dock after you met Abigail (frame variant).
- Available from DockTease website for $125,000 after completion of The Humane Labs Raid Heist.
- Can be found in Puerto Del Sol Marina (enhanced version only).
- Because of its flat bottom reducing friction between the ground and the boat, the Dinghy is perfect for purposely grounding up a beach when in a hurry, as it can easily be pushed back. In fact, that's what it was meant to do, as a lightweight, agile, fast boat for the military, that doesn't need to be properly docked to stay still.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- In GTA Vice City, the Dinghy serves as one of the boats used by the French agents in the mission, "All Hands On Deck," the other being the Marquis and Tropic.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- In GTA San Andreas, the default radio station in the Dinghy is CSR 103.9. Oddly, almost every time it plays the "Motownphilly" song, performed by Boyz II Men. as it would be set to play each time.
- In GTA San Andreas, there's a visual effect glitch that has Carl go into an "invisible chair" sitting position for one second as he changes the radio station.
- The GTA San Andreas Dinghy uses the GTA Vice City model, however, the texture differs.
Grand Theft Auto IV and Episodes
- In GTA IV, on one of the TV screens inside all Stretches, is a picture of a Dinghy going through the water.
- In GTA IV, the default radio station in the Dinghy is Liberty Rock Radio 97.8.
- In The Ballad of Gay Tony, there is a unique Dinghy. It is metallic blue with a red finish. It can be found in a Drug Wars mission with Armando Torres and Henrique Bardas.
Grand Theft Auto V
- In GTA V, but not GTA Online, the Dinghy will also grant you a free Scuba Suit when you exit it in water.
- In GTA V, the original 3D Universe Dinghy can be found around places such as the Lifeguard stations, docks and the beaches. These aren't controllable.
- In the GTA V mission, "Derailed," a unique black and red cab Dinghy is used by Michael De Santa. It can be kept by the player via Franklin, but they will need to switch alternately to avoid switch scenes that could potentially make the boat disappear, especially when considering the distance Franklin must cover to reach the beach and to the boat.
- Realistically, there are 2 tachometers on the dash, this is due to the fact the boat has 2 engines.
- Boat, a similarly designed boat in GTA 1.
- Coast Guard Dinghy, a modified version of the Dinghy in GTA Chinatown Wars.