- "Seems some Korean has come into the country and is selling money at a discount. You don't need me to tell you that it's all fugazi. Faker than a pair of Vinewood tits!"
- ―Jon Gravelli
Dining Out is a mission given to the player by Jon Gravelli.
Niko and Gravelli meet at the hospital again. Gravelli tells Niko about some Korean that moved into the country and sold money at discount. He can be found at Mr. Fuk's Rice Box in Alderney City. Niko goes to the restaurant and tells the attendant that he is Kim's friend, but is not allowed in because "Kim got a lot of money, he don't need no friends." . Niko ignores that and goes in shooting up the place. Niko finds the manager and asks him where is Kim. He tells Niko that Kim is leaving through the kitchen. Niko goes out through the kitchen and kills Kim.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Head over to the restaurant
- Go inside the restaurant
- Look for Kim in the Manager's office
- Question the manager to find Kim
- Don't let Kim escape
Head over to Mr. Fuk's Rice Box in Alderney. Walk up to the door of the restaurant but don't go in. Instead, go to the back of the restaurant and use a Rocket Launcher or a Grenade to blow up the car and motorcycle (these are Kim's escape vehicles. Without them, he'll try to flee on foot).
Head into the restaurant. The attendant will tell you that Kim isn't here, and then attempt to kill you if you walk past him. Go to the right entrance to the restaurant and gain cover. Kill Kim's goons but watch Niko's health. A grenade or SMG would be useful here. If available, Dwayne's friendship ability (two gangsters providing backup) may be useful, as you will likely be taking fire from several directions at once.
Once all the goons are dead, go into the manager's office. There is a choice here: kill the manager to save time or point your gun at him threaten him into a conversation. Either way, the game prompts the player to look for Kim in the kitchen. Kill the goons that respawned with an SMG or Micro-SMG then run into the kitchen. There will be a small number of goons in the kitchen, end them and run after Kim. He will run down the fire escape and try to escape in a car. Jon Gravelli will call after the mission and say that Niko did an amazing job.
- If Niko blows up the car in the beginning of the mission, Kim will escape on foot, meaning that Niko can stay on the fire escape and kill him with an SMG or Sniper Rifle.
- Alternatively, Niko can use a car bomb provided by Patrick McReary to explode the car, just put the bomb in the car, enter the restaurant, and when Kim escapes, detonate the bomb.
- Brucie Kibbutz calls during the mission asking if Niko wants to go get something to eat, to which Niko responds, "I can't, I'm already going to a Korean place" The call serves no purpose other than as an ironic joke, similar to Brucie's other call in Undress to Kill, Little Jacob's calls in Have a Heart and I'll Take Her and Roman's calls in Rigged to Blow and Shadow.
- Niko can use the computer in the managers office. When logging in, it will say "Welcome Niko, to Eyefind.info". This is odd, as it would presumably be logged in under the manager, as was the case in Wrong is Right when using another computer.
- If Niko asks Dwayne Forge a backup, when he enters the restaurant and the cutscene starts, the backup will glitch. One of them will be on top of the roof or on some occasions, will disappear and the other will become invisible and only appear if you bump into him.
- If the player kills the manager before he talks, the game will automatically task them to check out the kitchen.
- This is the only time that the player will be able to enter the restaurant, before and after this mission, it is inaccessible.