The main body of the Dominator seems to be heavily inspired by the fifth generation Ford Mustang, with flared wheel arches, connected to the elevated area that spans the lower body. The front headlight pockets are taken from the fifth generation Mustang, with the circular headlights, squared grille and hood being skewed forwards and down.
Halfway up the body, the main body line makes a sharp angular turn, signaling the classical inspiration of the first generation Mustang. The car features twelve spoke wheels, wrapped in low profile tires.
The rear hatch closely resembles a fastback design, also taken from the first generation Mustang. The rear fascia and taillights and are derived straight from a 1969 Ford Mustang fastback. The rear lights are placed on an impressed area between the rear spoiler and rear bumper. The rear bumper features circular dual exhaust with chrome tips. A few different types of wheels have appeared on the vehicle, so it is unknown what wheels are stock as of yet.
The Dominator features a high torque V8 engine, this gives it fast acceleration but only an average top speed, furthermore, due to it's excessive torque levels, the car has a rather "drifty" character, making it inadvisable to use during bad weather or heavy traffic. The Dominator features an FR drivetrain layout.
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / km/h)
(AWD / FWD / RWD)
(Number + Type)
(Kg / lb)
Top Speed (Handling.dat)
7.4l Supercharged V8
Grand Theft Auto V
- Starts to spawn commonly in Los Santos after the player has completed The Wrap Up.
- The Dominator is one of the first modern Pony cars to appear in the Grand Theft Auto series. The Bravado Gauntlet is the other.
- The car's beta name appears to have been the "Bullett", as shown by Los Santos Customs' Lifeinvader page. This would have been a clear reference to the 1968 film Bullitt, which famously featured Steve McQueen chasing villains around San Francisco in his Ford Mustang GT.
- Despite the Dominator being a "new" car, it still features a carbureted engine.
- The car bears a wing-shaped flag logo, which is very similar to that of the Corvette wing logo.