- "Well he's a war mongering, right-wing douche with all the subtlety of a red dildo."
- ―Agent 14 on Percival
Donald Percival is an ex-Navy SEAL Lieutenant General who founded Merryweather in 2003 using money from a coup in Western Africa. He floated Merryweather on the BAWSAQ stock exchange in 2010, and is now expanding domestic operations to appease shareholder demand. Percival is also lobbying the US government for a new war in the Middle East, Asia, Africa or France to help turn the economy around.
Events of GTA Online
Events of GTA V
If the player chooses the "Deathwish" ending of the game, Percival emails Michael and Trevor and explains that he has bought Devin Weston's shares in the company at a reduced rate due to Devin's death, and that he will make a lot of money from this, which he thanks them for. However, he warns them not to interfere with his business again.
Grand Theft Auto V
- The Third Way (Post-mission e-mail)
- Percival is based on Erik Prince, the founder and former CEO and Chairman of Blackwater Worldwide (now Academi). Prince was himself a former SEAL who served with SEAL Team 8 from approximately 1993 to 1995.
- During the obvious approach for "The Big Score", Lester Crest mentions Percival after shooting down the Merryweather helicopters, but the subtitles misspell his name as "Perceval".
- His former rank is listed as Lieutenant General, but his branch was Navy Special Forces, which does not have Lieutenants General. The appropriate rank is Vice Admiral.