|This article or section refers to content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is not featured on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
|For the flight school lesson in Grand Theft Auto V, see Flight School.|
- "Teams of paratroopers jump from Cargobobs hovering high above, then race to the ground to seize and maintain control of a small, exposed patch of terra firma. No man is an island here - you and your squad mates will need to attack and defend as a unit."
- ―Rockstar Newswire description
- "Teams jump from an aircraft and parachute to the ground where they attempt to control the 'drop zone'. First team that captures the drop zone wins. The time doesn't have to be continuous. If no team wins in the time limit, sudden death will be triggered. Two, Three or Four teams can compete."
- ―Rockstar Social Club Description.
Two to four teams, Green, Orange, Purple, or Pink, with up to sixteen players are placed in team-separate Cargobobs hovering high above the target area. Players are required to jump out and parachute towards the target area, which is denoted by a yellow circle on the mini-map and the ground. The circle changes color corresponding to the team that is currently within that circle.
In the bottom-right corner of the HUD, the player can see each team's capture progress denoted by a bar that slowly fills up over time. The more players present in the circle, the faster the bar will fill up. Capturing the drop zone does not have to be continuous, and the progress pauses if all team members within the circle are killed. To capture the drop zone, all that the player has to do is to walk into that circle and stay alive until the bar fills up.
If no team captures the drop zone before the time limit, Sudden Death will be triggered. During Sudden Death, each player has only one life. The last surviving team will win, regardless of the current scores. If time runs out during Sudden Death, the team with the most points or surviving team members will win.
All players are equipped with a Grenade, Assault Rifle, Micro SMG, Super Heavy Armor, and a Parachute as well as a Reserve Chute by default. They are free to pick up any weapons and items found around the target area ranging from Health Packs and Proximity Mines to Special Carbines and Sniper Rifles. Players will always re-spawn inside their Cargobob and will have to parachute down each time they are killed.
|See Also: January 2016 Update/Character Customization|
Each player is dressed up in a unique clothing combination consisting of color-coded Bulletproof Helmets, Utility pants, Gloves, and Parachutes, and a Black Flight Suit top with Black Flight Boots. These outfits are unique to this Adversary Mode, and cannot be obtained in Freemode without glitches.
- "Adrenaline junkies will enjoy one of our faster paced Adversary Modes, Drop Zone. Barrel through the air at top speed with your team towards the demarcated area and lock it down for as long as you can."
- — Description
- While holding down the fort, keep on the move as a strategically placed Sniper bullet to the head could be just around the corner.
- Although the players' bar increases quicker if they have more team members inside the smoke, there are plenty of tactical opportunities to be had by staying just out of sight with a long-range weapon so players can better provide cover fire and draw away the enemy from the team.
- To the point above, this also enables the player to cover for fallen comrades and make a dash for the smoke to keep the bar filling whilst waiting for their return to the battlefield.
- The player will be taking a lot of hits when he is out in the open, so make strategic runs to pick up health and armor in between attacks.
- Players within the zone can also stave off incoming enemies by shooting their Parachutes and thus turning them around or pushing them away from their intended target.
- For those unlucky enough to have their chute gunned down, quickly detach and open the reserve to save time trying to run back to the area.
There are five Drop Zone missions in GTA Online, each one at a different location, all of them located in Los Santos. They are as follows:
|Drop Zone I: The Drop Zone is located at the fountain plaza of the FIB Headquarters, Pillbox Hill.|
|Drop Zone II: The Drop Zone is located at the sports venue of the University of San Andreas, Richman.|
|Drop Zone III: The Drop Zone is located at the Los Santos Naval Port, Elysian Island.|
|Drop Zone IV: The Drop Zone is located at the Nikola Avenue cul-de-sac in Mirror Park.|
|Drop Zone V: The Drop Zone is located on the Sisyphus Theater stage in Vinewood Hills.|
- Drop Zone I on Rockstar Games Social Club
- Drop Zone II on Rockstar Games Social Club
- Drop Zone III on Rockstar Games Social Club
- Drop Zone IV on Rockstar Games Social Club
- Drop Zone V on Rockstar Games Social Club
- ↑ If Drop Zone is being controlled by Green Team.
- ↑ If Drop Zone is being controlled by Orange Team.
- ↑ If Drop Zone is being controlled by Purple Team.
- ↑ If Drop Zone is being controlled by Pink Team.
- ↑ GTA Online Updates Today: Drop Zone Adversary Mode plus New Sultan and Banshee Customizable Wide Body Race Cars. Rockstar Newswire (January 28, 2016).
- ↑ GTA Online Game Tips: Sumo, Rhino Hunt & Drop Zone. Rockstar Newswire (April 12, 2016).