Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article needs more images of:|
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
|Not to be confused with the Dumper from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.|
- "There's something about driving a vehicle with wheels that are bigger than you. The HVY Dump doesn't let traffic get in its way, and sports a box-bed with an 80-ton capacity. That's a whole lot of migrant workers."
- ―Warstock Cache & Carry description.
The Dump truck is a large vehicle, being one of the, if not the largest land-vehicles in the entire Grand Theft Auto series. It has many realistic details, some namely being front ladders and stairs, fire extinguishers and its wheel and tyre tread design. One exception to this is a large metal bar protruding from the side of the truck, which the player uses as a means of entrance. The truck could be based on multiple CAT dump trucks, but takes most design from the CAT 789C.
Current Design Gallery
Grand Theft Auto V
The Dump is a large-slow moving vehicle in Grand Theft Auto V. The Dump is a particularly strong vehicle and can act like a lesser version of the Rhino tank due to the fact that it can drive over other vehicles with its large wheels. Due to this, it's able to get over some obstacles easily.
Vehicles can explode if they are driven over with the Dump's wheels. This is, however, very inconvenient because the Dump's wheels can catch fire from the explosion and be destroyed. Unlike the Dumper from San Andreas, the tipper cannot be raised up and down. After the 1.16 patch, the truck is twice as strong, being prone to up to 3 nearby explosions.
Due to the large exposed gas tank on the left side, it is likely to explode around gunfire, and the driver is much exposed to gunfire. The Dump is the second slowest vehicle in the game, after the Dozer.
GTA V Overview
(0-60 mph in Seconds)
(mph / kmh)
(FWD / RWD / AWD)
(kg / lbs)
|N/A||22 / 35||4||N/A||RWD||35000 / 77161||70|
|N/A||N/A||N/A||3000cc (3.0L) (Badging)||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Cannot reach 60 / 100||40 / 64||2||RWD||Cannot be observed||Cannot be observed|
Grand Theft Auto V
- At Davis Quartz, east of Sandy Shores.
- Can be found in Redwood Lights Track.
- Occasionally seen driving down desert roads near Sandy Shores.
- Occasionally spawns at the construction site in Downtown Los Santos.
- Sometimes two of them spawn next to the building with the huge "Cypress" sign in Cypress Flats on Hanger Way.
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Can be bought from Warstock Cache & Carry for $1,000,000.
- Can be found at Davis Quartz during the day.
- The word Dump is a double-entendre, referencing the slang term which means defecating.
- The Dump is one of the largest controllable land vehicles in the HD Universe.
- The Dump, along with the Dock Handler, are the first vehicles in the HD Universe to feature suicide doors.
- The Dump and the Dock Handler both have an animation error, where the character turns the steering wheel in the wrong direction.
- When the dirt in the back is shot at, it will sound as if the bullet hits metal. The Dump will also fail to start up at first if shot repeatedly in the dirt.
- There is also an empty slot on its bumper where it would suitably fit a license plate.
- Despite its big and thick tires, they will still deflate with a single bullet shot, like any other vehicle.
- Despite its massive size and heavy weight, it can still be carried by a Cargobob, but, as the helicopter goes forward, the weight of the Dump will go against the helicopter and will make it fall forward and destroy both the Dump and the Cargobob.
- Because of its massive size, the Dump cannot be stored in any of the garages in GTA V. However, in GTA Online, the player can call Pegasus Lifestyle Management to order the Dump to be spawned.
- Sometimes, the player cannot use sticky bombs while driving the Dump.
- Even though it's manufactured by HVY, Brute badges are seen on the container. It is possible that the former vehicle was a Brute vehicle, while the in-game model features a HVY model, in a similar way to the GTA V Stretch (being converted into an Albany model, but still named as a Dundreary car).
- Strangely, the Dump is able to bypass the ocean depth limit without the player being teleported. If the player also has a scuba suit on, he/she can travel down further without getting killed, however travelling down too far down will make the game crash.
- The horn was altered for the enhanced version of GTA V, it can now have a variety of horns, which are randomized when entered.