|This article needs more images|
This article needs a Current Design Gallery
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
|Not to be confused with the Dumper from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. For the food product, see Dump Ice Cream Bar.|
- "There's something about driving a vehicle with wheels that are bigger than you. The HVY Dump doesn't let traffic get in its way, and sports a box-bed with an 80-ton capacity. That's a whole lot of migrant workers."
- ―Warstock Cache & Carry description.
The Dump truck is a large vehicle, being one of the, if not the largest land-vehicles in the entire Grand Theft Auto series. It has many realistic details, some namely being front ladders and stairs, fire extinguishers and its wheel and tyre tread design. One exception to this is a large metal bar protruding from the side of the truck, which the player uses as a means of entrance.
The truck could be based on multiple CAT dump trucks, but takes most design from the CAT 789C.
The vehicle is reminiscent of the Dumper from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, albeit more modern in appearance and with a similar layout (cab on the left side, large wheels and a large tipper on the back).
Current Design Gallery
Grand Theft Auto V
As expected from such a large, both wide and tall vehicle, the Dump is one of the slowest vehicles in GTA V, beaten in slowness by the Dozer and Mower. However, the truck makes up with its power against other vehicles; its sheer size allows it to crush other vehicles, albeit with some struggle and bounce, or push them out of the way with ease. The truck's high exhaust stack also allows it to travel in very deep water without the risk of cutting out.
Despite the vehicle's brute size and shape, the vehicle's durability remains the same as any other vehicle, if not worsened by its vulnerability. The Dump's tires can deflate and burst, and the vehicle cannot withstand even one explosion before exploding completely. It should be noted that while crushing vehicles, cars will commonly explode under the sheer weight of the truck, which can often cause the Dump itself to explode. The large fuel tanks are also vulnerable to gunfire and its slow speed makes it difficult to get out of sticky situations.
The Dump can also be picked up by the Cargobob's hook, despite its weight, although its size again poses a significant threat to both the control and the speed of the helicopter.
GTA V Overview
(0-60 mph in Seconds)
(mph / kmh)
(FWD / RWD / AWD)
(kg / lbs)
|N/A||22 / 35||4||N/A||RWD||35000 / 77161||70|
|N/A||N/A||N/A||3000cc (3.0L) (Badging)||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Cannot reach 60 / 100||40 / 64||2||RWD||Cannot be observed||Cannot be observed|
Grand Theft Auto V
- At Davis Quartz, east of Sandy Shores.
- Can be found in Redwood Lights Track.
- Occasionally seen driving down desert roads near Sandy Shores.
- Occasionally spawns at the construction site in Downtown Los Santos.
- Sometimes two of them spawn next to the building with the huge "Cypress" sign in Cypress Flats on Hanger Way.
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Can be bought from Warstock Cache & Carry for $1,000,000.
- Can be found at Davis Quartz during the day.
- The word Dump is a double-entendre, referencing the slang term which means defecating.
- The Dump, along with the Dock Handler, are the first vehicles in the HD Universe to feature suicide doors.