|For the similarly named plane in GTA San Andreas, see Cropduster.|
- "“Antique” and “open cockpit” aren't normally the first words on your wishlist when you're shopping for a private jet, but this might change your mind. Produced during the 1930s and 1940s when America still made things, this famous biplane was used primarily for crop dusting chemicals into the food chain. As you swoop through the sky, middle-aged combover fluttering in the wind, you'll almost be able to taste the pesticide blowing back in your face."
- ―Elitas Travel webpage.
The Duster, as its name suggests, is a plane intended to spray pesticides over a large area in a small amount of time. However, the only time it is actually seen doing so in single-player is in the first trailer, as in the final game it is only available in GTA Online, Unlike the Cropduster, the Duster resembles a Stearman PT-17 modified for crop dusting, with the vertical stabilizer and cowl of a Stearman 4. Spraying pesticide into the face of another player or a pedestrian would not harm them, or attract any attention from the police.
The Duster is the slowest fixed-wing aircraft in the game, but it makes up for this by possessing good handling abilities. It needs a long runway to take off, as it takes about 7 seconds.
Although the real-Life PT-17 features a dual seat control system for training, the in-game GTA Online Duster's passenger cannot take rein if the pilot bails out.
- Purchasable from ElitasTravel.com for $275,000.
- Can be seen flying around Grapeseed.
- One can be found parked on the cul-de-sac of the western edge of Marina Drive, Grand Senora Desert, near the shore of the Alamo Sea. Usually spawns in red. Be careful, as the cul-de-sac is used by land vehicles
- It will only start spawning at this location after completing all of the Flight School lessons as Michael.
- Can occasionally be found landing at McKenzie Field Hangar and Sandy Shores Airfield.
- Can be spawned with the following cheat code button combinations:
- Being a 1930s biplane, the Duster is one of the oldest aircraft in the series, tied with the Nevada.
- When Michael, Trevor or Franklin fly the Duster, they will wear antique flying goggles and a leather hat.
- In the first trailer, the Duster can be seen spraying pesticide, similar to the Cropduster in GTA: San Andreas. Despite this function being shown in singleplayer in the first trailer, it is only possible in GTA Online.
- Also, like the Cropduster in San Andreas, pesticides are ejected from the rear instead of being ejected from the spraying system located under the plane.
- If the player purchases the Duster, it'll have a red and white paint job.
- Sometimes, when playing Minor Turbulence, Trevor may answer the Merryweather that his Duster was manufactured in 1989, yet the Elitas Travel page describes it as a plane produced in the 1930s and 40s. This is most likely an oversight, as the plane it is based on, the Stearman PT-17, was manufactured in the 30s-40s.
- There is a wreckage of a Duster in the ocean a few miles south of Paleto Bay. It is unknown what caused the crash, but there is a submarine part near it for the Death at Sea side mission.
- The Duster is referred to as "Cropduster" by Trevor Philips in the mission "Minor Turbulence".
- Originally, the Duster's wheels would continue to spin even after the plane becomes airborne. This was fixed in an update.