Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The East Borough Bridge(s) is a series of three bridges and a highway intersection in Liberty City in Grand Theft Auto IV, based on the Triborough Bridge, officially known as the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge. It connects the boroughs of Algonquin, Dukes and Bohan, as well as the small Charge Island.
The bridge elevates above much of Charge Island and has a toll plaza for drivers driving in or out of Dukes and Charge Island. There are two ways of using the bridge without paying: Traveling between Algonquin and Bohan (in either direction) and traveling between Dukes and Charge Island (in either direction). Using the bridge to make a different journey will result in a toll charge of $5. The East Borough Bridge is one of the three bridges that connect to Bohan; along with the Northwood Heights Bridge and Dukes Bay Bridge. The bridge is essentially three bridges as one, each span adjoined to Dukes, Algonquin and Bohan.
Accessing the East Borough Bridge is easy for the most part as the bridge is often entered or exited from a continuation of a major road. The East Borough Bridge becomes Harrison Street in the neighborhood of East Island City when it reaches Dukes. At the Algonquin end, the bridge leads into Ruby Street in Lancaster; and at the Bohan end, the bridge exits onto Gainer Street in South Bohan via an offramp. Entering the bridge from Bohan is done by using the on ramp from San Quentin Avenue in South Bohan. Charge Island access is obtained through on and off ramps from the bridge itself and Charge Island onto and off minor unnamed roads on the island.
- Sometimes, LCPD officers can be found checking cars near the Algonquin exit for the bridge and fining them. If the player steals the car while an officer is checking it, the boot remains open, and will remain open even when it's saved at a safehouse.
- The East Borough Bridge is the longest bridge in Liberty City.
- There are multiple ways to escape paying the toll on the bridge (such as driving around the booth on a bike); see this page for more.
- What is interesting to note is that the real life Triboro Bridge had its configuration changed after GTA IV came out and the new configuration made the in-game counterpart more similar. In real life, there was an exit added to the bridge towards Queens (Dukes) that is accessed after the toll plaza. This exit was designed in GTA IV so its unclear if Rockstar knew about the bridge changes or if it was merely coincidental.
- It is only one of two bridges in Liberty City that has a toll.