The car is mostly based on the Eighth Generation Buick Roadmaster sedan without the rear fender skirts and a inverted grille. Some styling comes from the Second Generation Ford Crown Victoria, through it started production in 1998 thus making this probably a coincidence. It also looks somewhat like a BMW e34 5 Series, particularly in the body shape itself.
Despite the Elegant's substantial curb weight, a very powerful V8 propels this rear-wheel drive monster quite impressively. Its performance attributes are very similar to those of the Premier, just on a larger frame: engine performance and handling are quite satisfying, although slight understeer is evident. This can, however, be compensated for with the E-brake around corners. Because of the vehicle's mass, it cannot reach quite the same speeds as the Premier, and requires longer stopping distances. This does, however, comes with the compromise of increased durability and better ramming capabilities, and handles well in gunfights.
It can only be modified at TransFender.
|Colors||Car Color 1||$ 150|
|Nitro||2x Nitrous||$ 200|
|5x Nitrous||$ 500|
|10x Nitrous||$ 1000|
|Off Road Wheel||$ 1000|
|Car Stereo||Bass Boost||$ 100|
Prominent Appearances in Missions
- In the mission Management Issues, three black Elegants are used to pick up Alan Crawford and his female escort on Cathay Theater. These three Elegants (along with the other two that were driven by Alan's bodyguards) has a unique black color and also unique license plates. The player can store one of these cars in any garages at the risk of failing the mission.
- The car is also among the earliest in the series with a manufacturer's name associated with it, with a Willard badge, as evidenced by a billboard advertising a "'92 Elegance".
- As indicated by the aforementioned billboard, the Elegant's appearance is significantly different at one point during development, featuring a gray bumper (oddly, the rear bumper's color matches that of the body), simpler lower mask, and GTA III / GTA Vice City styled wheels.
- The default radio station in the Elegant is West Coast Talk Radio.
- In GTA IV, a wrecked sedan prop exists, sharing several design cues as the Elegant. It is unknown if the car is based on a driveable model, like other wrecks in the game, but was dropped during development. Its location is on the railway near BOABO; the railway leads to Algonquin but ends at the water.
- In real life, many Mercedes-Benz models have a sub-model called 'Elegance', which is probably the reason why the name is changed in the final version.
- In the parking lot under the Mulholland Intersection in Downtown Los Santos.
- Found around Downtown in San Fierro.
- Found around Downtown Los Santos and Market in Los Santos.
- Found around Tierra Robada and Las Venturas.
- A black one, along with its unique license plate can be obtained in the mission Management Issues.