- "The station for laughter, and sorrow, heartbreak, and tears, and those post-therapy session blues."
- — GTA Vice City
- "In early 1980s Vice City, if you got caught in an extramarital affair with your wife's aerobics instructor, there was only one man to turn to: Fernando Martinez. Fernando brought make-up and make-out music to all of Vice City's lovers. Impassioned with the spirit of emotionally charged anthems by artists like Cutting Crew and Mister Mister."
- — GTA Vice City Website
Emotion 98.3 is a radio station hosted by Fernando Martinez (voiced by Frank Chavez) in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and by Lionel Makepeace (voiced by Steve Stratton) in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories. It plays soft pop, power ballads and soft rock.
The station assumes a more relaxed, laid-back, soft attitude than other pop stations. It encourages listeners to not fight their feelings, and even cry. Fernando's poetic yet eccentric musings about passion, emotion and desire become the central part of the radio in his first time as a DJ. He gets lost in his romantic ramblings lots of times, and tells listeners tips on how to pick up ladies, going on with his Latin lover attitude.
As a note, Jan Hammer's "Crockett's Theme" is a reference to Miami Vice, since it is the theme for James "Sonny" Crockett. This piece of music appeared in a Miami Vice episode in 1984, but was released via the Miami Vice II soundtrack album at the very end of 1986.
As with all of the music radio stations in GTA Vice City, an album of songs from the station is available separately or as part of the 7-CD Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Official Soundtrack Box Set.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- * - This song is missing from the iOS, Android, PS2 Classics (PS3 and PS4) editions.
- Foreigner - "Waiting for a Girl Like You" (1981)
- Kate Bush - "Wow" (1978) *
- Squeeze - "Tempted" (1981)
- REO Speedwagon - "Keep On Loving You" (1980)
- Cutting Crew - "(I Just) Died in Your Arms" (1986)
- Roxy Music - "More Than This" (1982)
- Toto - "Africa" (1982)
- Mr. Mister - "Broken Wings" (1985)
- John Waite - "Missing You" (1984)
- Jan Hammer - "Crockett's Theme" (1984)
- Night Ranger - "Sister Christian" (1983)
- Luther Vandross - "Never Too Much" (1981)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- The Motels - "Only the Lonely" (1982)
- 10cc - "I'm Not in Love" (1975)
- Quarterflash - "Harden My Heart" (1981)
- Toto - "Make Believe" (1982)
- Elkie Brooks - "Fool If You Think It's Over" (1981)
- The Passions - "I'm in Love with a German Film Star" (1981)
- Foreigner - "I Want to Know What Love Is" (1984)
- The Assembly - "Never Never" (1983)
- Pat Benatar - "We Belong" (1984)
- The Pretenders - "Private Life" (1980)
- Phil Collins - "In the Air Tonight" (1981)
- Roxy Music - "Avalon" (1982)
- Eddie Money - "Baby Hold On" (1978)
- Rainbow - "Stone Cold" (1982)
- Giuffria - "Call to the Heart" (1984)
- Art of Noise - "Moments in Love" (1984)
- Dan Hartman - "I Can Dream About You" (1984)
- The first songs heard in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories are both from this station. Mr. Mister's "Broken Wings" plays during the introductory cutscene in Vice City, and either Foreigner's "I Want to Know What Love Is" or The Motels' "Only the Lonely" will play during the introductory cutscene in Vice City Stories.
- Originally, the theme song for GTA Vice City was going to be Roxy Music's "More Than This".
- "I Want to Know What Love Is" was played in the first trailer for GTA Vice City Stories.
- Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight" was played in the third trailer for GTA Vice City Stories.
- In Grand Theft Auto Online, during the Festive Surprise Weekend, a t-shirt with the logo of the radio station was available through Crate Drops.
- Flash FM - an '80s pop radio in GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories which plays other songs by Phil Collins and Pat Benatar.
- K-DST - a radio station in GTA San Andreas which plays other songs by Eddie Money and Toto.
- Paradise FM - a radio in GTA Vice City Stories which plays a song with Luther Vandross in Change.
- Fresh FM - a radio in GTA Vice City Stories which plays a song by the Art of Noise.
- K109 The Studio - a radio in GTA IV and GTA Episodes From Liberty City which plays a song by Dan Hartman.
- Vice City FM - an '80s pop radio in GTA Episodes From Liberty City which is also hosted by Fernando Martinez.
- Los Santos Rock Radio - a rock and power ballad radio in GTA V which plays other songs by Phil Collins, Foreigner and Pat Benatar.