An entry screen (also known as a loading screen) is a sequence of images that loop while a GTA game loads up. Entry screens always consist of official illustrated Rockstar artwork, usually depicting major characters and/or locations in the game. Entry screens have appeared in all Grand Theft Auto games up to date. In the 3D Universe they were broadcast after a title sequence, but the title sequence was removed for the HD Universe, where entry screens are longer and expanded.
List of images
|This article or section is Under Construction.|
Grand Theft Auto III
- Misty standing in an alleyway.
- Joey Leone holding a wrench.
- Maria Latore.
- 8-Ball holding a pistol.
- Kenji Kasen, with the Callahan Bridge and various cranes in the background.
- Claude holding a baseball bat.
- Salvatore Leone.
- Ray Machowski.
- Donald Love taking a document out of his suit.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Lance Vance holding a cellphone.
- Ricardo Diaz with an unlit match in his mouth.
- Sonny Forelli adjusting his sunglasses.
- Avery Carrington with his hands in his pockets.
- Phil Cassidy holding an AK-47.
- Mitch Baker holding a pool cue.
- One of the twins wearing a pink bikini and holding a wine cup.
- A stripper taking a seat in the Pole Position Club.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Grove Street Families member wearing a bandana holding a AK-47.
- Cesar sitting on the hood of a Savanna, holding a pistol.
- Rochell'le bending over and lifting her glasses slightly, while posing.
- Frank Tenpenny holding a pistol in a defensive position.
- The Truth with his hands by his face.
- OG Loc in an orange t-shirt & hat and a gold chain.
- Salvatore Leone on a armchair.
- A side view of Ran Fa Li.
- Grove Street members shooting from their car.
- Ballas performing a drive-by from a Blade.
- T-Bone Mendez with a cigarette and a pistol leaning against a wall, with the silhouette of the Gant Bridge in the background.
- A hispanic woman wearing a silver chain.
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Armando Mendez pointing a pistol.
- Diego Mendez holding a Submachine Gun.
- Lance Vance with a briefcase full of cash.
- Louise Cassidy-Williams holding her hips.
- Phil Cassidy holding a Minigun over his shoulder.
- Umberto Robina pulling a crowbar from the trunk of a car.
- Ricardo Diaz sitting in an armchair.
- Bryan Forbes with a Sawn-Off Shotgun.
- Gonzalez with a drink.
- A biker on an Angel.
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto IV contains 2 different variations of the loading screen, depending on the console. PS3 and Xbox versions have the same one, while the PC version uses different artworks featuring different characters and the character's art superimposed over a greyscale cityscape.
- Niko armed hiding behind crates while two men open other crates with a crowbar.
- Lola licking a lollipop, with buildings in the background.
- A group of Yardies playing dominos.
- A prostitute bending down to talk to a driver in a car.
- Two armed police officers walking cautiously. One holds a Sawn-Off Shotgun, while the other holds an M4.
- Niko driving a Schafter, while being chased by a Police Cruiser.
- (*)Niko shooting from an helicopter.
- (*)Niko being chased in a Peyote in the Booth Tunnel.
- (*)Several mobsters standing next to a Schafter.
(*): Only appears when starting a new game.
- Roman in front of Broker Bridge.
- Elizabeta Torres in front of Hell Gate Car Wash.
- Mikhail Faustin in front of Broker Bridge.
- Bernie Crane in Star Junction.
- Manny Escuela under Algonquin Bridge.
- Dimitri Rascalov under Algonquin Bridge.
- Vladimir Glebov.
Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned
- Johnny on his motorcycle.
- Malc holding the motorcycle helmet.
- Thomas Stubbs with a cigar.
- Ashley Butler with one hand on her hair.
- Brian Jeremy holding a bat.
- Jim Fitzgerald holding a pistol.
- Clay Simons.
Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
- Gay Tony holding a bottle of champagne.
- Gracie in a pink dress with a gold purse posing.
- Luis holding open a case full of cash.
- Yusuf holding a Gold SMG.
- Joni with a champagne bottle.
- Mori in a tank top.
Grand Theft Auto V
- A woman in a bikini taking a selfie on Vespucci Beach, making the peace sign, this is a reference to V, the Roman numeral for 5.
- Trevor holding a sniper rifle sitting on a Blazer, near the old water tower at Sandy Shores Airfield (Nervous Ron).
- Michael taking a pistol from his jacket pocket, revealing a bulletproof vest with various bullet holes in it. Behind him is the Vangelico jewelry store, along with an LSDS Stockade.
- Michael standing on the balcony of a Vinewood Hills mansion (possibly Franklin's safehouse), holding a wad of cash with the Vinewood Sign in the background. A black bag is slung across his shoulder.
- A woman with a Love Fist t-shirt, aviator glasses and a hat leaning against the hood of a Cognoscenti Cabrio, about to be cuffed by Vasquez.
- Ron standing in front of his trailer, operating a small radio with headphones on his ears, and a frightened expression on his face.
- Dave Norton on his phone near the Observatory with a FIB Buffalo behind him. A pistol is present in his pocket.
- Franklin holding an MP5, while pulling off a balaclava, with an Obey 9F in the background.
- Trevor holding a lighter while holding a Jerry Can, moments before setting fire to the O'Neil brothers' house.
- Lester Crest with a inhaler in front of a heist setup panel.
- Wade Hebert at Trevor's trailer with his juggalo face paint on.
- Franklin holding Chop with a chain and holding a baseball bat.
GTA V Enhanced Version exclusives
- A woman blowing a kiss in front of a cinema on Vinewood Boulevard with a Mule, Washington, and Sentinel in the background.
- Amanda De Santa performing a yoga position outside Michael's Mansion.
- Franklin standing in front of 3671 Whispymound Drive, holding a bat with his Buffalo S in the background.
- Trevor standing in front of the Yellow Jack Inn, wiping blood from his mouth.
- Michael reloading a pistol in Vinewood Hills, facing away from the city in the background.
- Tao Cheng with a tie wrapped around his forehead on a road in the Grand Senora Desert.
- Simeon Yetarian standing in front of Premium Deluxe Motorsport, with a yellow inflatable sign in the background.
- Maude Eccles holding a wanted poster in front of her mobile home east of the Alamo Sea.
GTA San Andreas
GTA Vice City Stories
GTA IV Console
GTA IV PC
GTA IV: The Lost & Damned
GTA IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
- Grand Theft Auto Online's loading screen is the longest, followed by Grand Theft Auto V (Story Mode).
- Special events show different images in boxes for information on GTA Online, these include, The San Andreas Flight School Update, The Independence Day Special, The High Life Update, The Business Update, The I'm Not A Hipster' Update, The Beach Bum Update, The Valentine's Day Massacre Update, and the Christmas Update.
- On Xbox 360, holding LB will result in the background music turning off, until LB is let go again.
- Selecting Online when in the online screen can sometimes take longer than just opening story and going into Online.
- As of Patch 1.17, the button to select Online is now Square (PS3) or X (Xbox 360), and the player can now select random job in the menu.
- In GTA: Liberty City Stories, sometimes for a split second, before the game starts loading saved data, you can see the "Welcome To Shoreside Vale" artwork, right after Vincenzo with his ring artwork. (PS2)
- In the enhanced version of GTA V, the artworks (and length of the entire loading screen) will depend on the entry of the game, i.e, if the player loads GTA Online immediately, the entry screen may display longer and/or different artworks. Loading story-mode after leaving the Rockstar Editor also tends to display the rarer artworks.
- In the load screen for San Andreas, Big Smokes beta look can be seen.