|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "Two bullets. One life. No mercy. An intense Last Man Standing variant with a unique twist to keep you on your toes and constantly on your guard."
- — Rockstar Newswire Description
- "A group of players take each other out until there's only one of them left. With just one life, one hatchet and one marksman pistol with 2 bullets, everything's got to count."
- — Rockstar Games Social Club description.
- "As the title makes clear, in Every Bullet Counts there's no room to be wasteful. When you only have one life, one Melee Weapon and a Marksman Pistol with just two bullets, every decision and every shot must be precise and calculated."
- — Description.
This Adversary Mode plays much like a Last Man Standing match but with a twist. Four players go up against each other in a confined space with a very limited arsenal, just one Marksman Pistol and two bullets to take out the other three opponents.
Participants can collect ammo scattered around the area, as well as those left behind by the players killed. However, once the player has exhausted their ammo, they need to resort to crafty melee attacks with a Hatchet or Machete to make it out alive.
To avoid campers, players who stand still for more than 5 seconds will have their blip revealed on the map, making them an easier target for enemies who are moving from cover to cover.
Remember that standing still for too long will give your position away on the HUD, so this is not the time for a full on stake out. However, if the player is smart, they can use this feature to their advantage: try staying still just long enough to lure the enemies in, moving at the last minute to ghost off the radar and turn the tables. Another key feature of the HUD is the height indicator, this will let the player know if blipped opponents are above or below their position. Don't forget that out of sight equals out of mind, so stay out of trouble for the first few minutes and let the others do the dirty work killing each other off or hacking away at each other's health. By the time the player gets involved, their full arsenal and full health will provide the best chance of closing the round out as the winner. Players could even listen out for the number of gunshots going off to perfectly calculate their advantage. If there's more than one other player left when the player eventually go steaming in, don't forget that Melee Weapons will save precious bullets for the final showdown.
If players find themselves out of ammo early on, there are pickups dotted around the maps (and it is always possible to loot the bodies of the fallen). Just use caution - the enemy can use that as a trap and while one is busy trying to load up on ammo, they'll be unloading theirs right into them. If the player cannot find any and must resort to Melee Weapons, stick to confined areas to provide the best chance of survival.
|Every Bullet Counts I takes place in the De Santa Residence, Rockford Hills. Spawn points are the hallway on the second floor, the garage, the roofed side area outside and the backyard.|
|Every Bullet Counts II takes place at the O'Neil Ranch in Grapeseed. Spawn points are the hallway on the second floor, the basement, the living room and the room next to the stairway.|
|Every Bullet Counts III takes place in Tequi-la-la, West Vinewood. Spawn points are the facade, the game room in the basement, the bar on the second floor and the back entrance.|
|Every Bullet Counts IV takes place in Pacific Standard Bank, Downtown Vinewood. Spawn points are the main hall at the entrance, the vault's area, the bottom of the stairs on second floor and the hallway near the offices on the same floor.|
|Released in Gunrunning|
|Bunker - Every Bullet Counts* takes place in the Bunker. Spawn points are the entry lobby, the workshop, the storage area and the room connected to the shooting range.|
* This map is listed as part of its own group.
- Every Bullet Counts I on Social Club
- Every Bullet Counts II on Social Club
- Every Bullet Counts III on Social Club
- Every Bullet Counts IV on Social Club
- Bunker - Every Bullet Counts on Social Club
- ↑ New Every Bullet Counts Adversary Mode Now Available to Play in GTA Online. Rockstar Newswire (December 8, 2015).
- ↑ Rockstar Game Tips: Adversary Modes incl. Every Bullet Counts, Running Back, Slasher, Relay & Keep the Pace. Rockstar Newswire (December 14, 2015).