|This article or section refers to content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is not featured on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
The VIP/CEO of the organization will be informed to hide in a specific portion of the map for 10 minutes. They will be unrevealed on the map shortly after starting the game mode. Associates of their organization have the objective of protecting the hidden VIP (whom is visible only to them) while other players outside of the organization have the objective of hunting down the VIP. Numerous clues to the VIP's whereabouts become evident when in the search area, such as vibrations from the player's controller. They may also become visible on the radar for a brief moment when killing players.
The VIP will complete the mission if and when they survive the 10 minute duration of remaining hidden in the allocated area. Leaving the area will warn the VIP to remain in the boundaries, otherwise the mission will fail.
Typical payouts from the mission are $22,000 if playing alone. Having active associates in the session may influx the reward and will pay all associates the same reward. If the associate enters the area, they will be rewarded an additional $500, regardless of how long they remained in the area. If the associate successfully protects the VIP from at least 1 player, rewards of $2,000 are given to all associates and the VIP themselves. Associates whom are in the same crew as the VIP may be rewarded further RP.
Other players whose objective is to kill the VIP will also be given $500 for entering the area, regardless of their success. Killing the VIP will also reward the player up to $24,000, dependent time taken.
The location of the search area is fixed but is chosen based on the VIP's current location. There are numerous locations around the state of San Andreas and are all the same diameter. The locations are strictly based on land to avoid players going out to see, although numerous boundaries do cover the coastal range of San Andreas. Locations are based in, but not limited to:
- Los Santos County
- Vespucci Canals
- Vespucci Beach Sidewalk Market, Vespucci Beach.
- Rogers Salvage and Scrap, La Puerta.
- Richards Majestic Productions, Backlot City.
- Hill Valley Church, Pacific Bluffs.
- Legion Square, Pillbox Hill.
- Terminal, Port of Los Santos.
- El Burro Heights, East Los Santos.
- Cypress Flats, East Los Santos.
- Rancho, South Los Santos.
- Mirror Park, East Vinewood.
- Note: This map may be incomplete
- Try to move carefully as possible to avoid detection by other rival players. Use clothing that can blend in with other NPCs.
- Disable friendly fire to prevent bodyguards from accidentally killing the VIP.
- Steal a civilian vehicle with no damage and place Sticky Bombs on it. Drive like other NPCs, or if players are too close to your location, detonate the bomb immediately to spawn in different location inside the area.
- Some assigned locations have better hiding spots without the use of glitches. For example, the VIP can hide inside the train tunnels to avoid getting detected by other players.
- Wall breaching is another technique of surviving. However, they could risk getting reported by other players for exploiting and may be flagged as cheating.
- Avoid approaching too close to rival players as their controller vibrates and point to your location. Just kill or take an easy way out.
- Your bodyguards should not be following you as rival players will tail the bodyguard's location making them easier to spot you. Additionally, do not enter the bodyguard's vehicle making it very reliable of your presence.
- If the VIP prefers to attack rival players instead, drop BST as well as having full health and armor equipped with them allowing a better chance to survive.
- Use a thermal vision helmet to avoid rival players that are in off the radar or ghost organization.
- Do not follow your VIP/CEO making your rivals easier to track them down.
- Distract the rival players by shooting at them.
- The player may need to keep an eye out for aircrafts infiltrating the search.
- As an attacker, use off the radar or ghost organization but keep your distance. Using this ability too close to their distance can result a few experienced players to use ghost organization for their bodyguards or continuously take an easy way out.
- Any armored vehicles is another offensive move though a few experienced players will always try to destroy and take an easy way out quickly.
- The VIP can also hide in small alleyways or camp on top of buildings. Look for these areas to find the VIP.
- Helicopters or other aircrafts are not recommended as they can be taken down by unsuspecting organizations that are off the radar.
- If possible, have a friend or yourself find a vantage point to provide lookout support for the VIP's location.
- Using any thermal vision helmet makes the search significantly easier as it can detect the VIP's presence and movements through walls and buildings.
- Place proximity mines in any possible hiding or open spots if necessary.
- Scare or kill all NPCs to look for their search if possible.
- Kill one of their bodyguards where they will respawn to the nearest VIP location.
- If the VIP takes the easy way out by using the interaction menu, commits suicide by explosives, or killed by NPCs, the mission won't be registered as a fail for the VIP's organization.
- Similarity, any rival Mobile Operations Center that kills a VIP, using the mounted cannons, will not count as a kill.
- However, the mission still will fail if friendly fire is turned on and having bodyguards kill their VIP.
- Spectating the VIP is disabled at all times to prevent other players from knowing their movements and locations.