Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Extra Commission is a Strangers and Freaks mission in Grand Theft Auto V given to protagonist Trevor Philips by Josh Bernstein. Completing this side-mission does not contribute toward 100% Completion.
Trevor approaches a plush, gated mansion on West Eclipse Boulevard. There, he encounters Josh coming out via the mansion's gate. Josh offers to sell the house to Trevor, then admits it is not his to sell; the home was once his, but is now in foreclosure. He reveals he was formerly a real estate agent of some renown, but that his former best friend Lenny Avery has stolen all of his clients. Josh asks Trevor to do him a favor: if Trevor will smash all of Lenny's "For Sale" signs located around Los Santos, Josh will introduce Trevor to a woman who Josh hints is a high-end prostitute.
After leaving Josh, Trevor receives a text message from Josh with a link to Lenny's website. On that site is a map of all 15 of Lenny's properties. Clicking on a property will present the player with the option to send that property's GPS location to Trevor's phone. However, smashing a sign does not cause the property to disappear from the map on Lenny's website, requiring the player to keep track on their own as to which signs have been destroyed. The player is not locked into this mission: i.e. the player is free to switch to other protagonists and complete other missions while Extra Commission remains active.
Some of the signs can be knocked down by a vehicle and all can be destroyed by a gun discharge or explosion. They cannot be burned.
After smashing all 15 signs, Trevor will receive a text from Josh asking him to come to the Bilingsgate Motel.
To complete this mission, the player must:
- Meet with Josh in Vinewood.
- Destroy all 15 of Lenny Avery's "For Sale" signs.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Using a weapon with a suppressor to destroy the signs will usually allow Trevor to complete the job without getting a wanted level or causing any NPCs to attack. Some of them can be destroyed with a vehicle.
- Marking each property on the map with a Point of Interest marker and removing the marker upon destruction of the property's sign can help the player keep track of which signs have been destroyed.
The mission "Extra Commission" starts at 00:03
- After the initial cutscene, its possible to enter the house and follow Josh. He will just go to the back of the mansion and stand there, saying to Trevor go find the signs. Its possible to kill him, but you're unable to shoot, he'll die in an explosion.