- "Right now, it is life lesson time, pal. You have got to wake up to what is real in this situation, bro. Take me, right? I am opportunity. I'm security. I'm fast cars and blowjobs. I got the world on a plate. Those two clowns...Oh, man, they are the worst kind of disaster that can ever come down. They are a full core meltdown, and you're just standing there, soaking up major radiation. You have got to take stock, man. Make that call, before it's too late."
- ― Devin Weston
The mission can be started as either Trevor or Franklin. If playing as Trevor, the player arrives at the Mission Row Police Station. Trevor enters the station and tells the desk sergeant that Weston sent him. The sergeant directs Trevor to the roof. There, Trevor boards a waiting Police Maverick. A Los Santos Police Department pilot flies Trevor to the FIB lot in the Murrieta Oil Field area where Franklin is waiting. Alternatively, if the player starts the mission as Franklin, Franklin is sitting in the lot when Trevor arrives in the Maverick.
The Maverick is equipped with a special camera, one that allows the camera's user to identify individuals by reading RFID transmitters placed in 2012 San Andreas driver licenses. Once Franklin and Trevor have spoken about the mission, the player is shifted to Trevor's perspective and takes control of the camera while the pilot flies the aircraft from the FIB lot into Downtown Los Santos. Trevor is looking for Chad Mulligan who has the Z-Type automobile Weston wants Franklin and Trevor to steal. The camera identifies four potential targets for Trevor to scan. However, none of these are Mulligan. The pilot takes Trevor to a second area where four more targets are identified. Mulligan is part of this group. While searching for Mulligan, Trevor can also overhear conversations on the ground.
Once Mulligan has been found, Trevor surveils him to the garage where Mulligan is keeping the Z-Type, all the while updating Franklin on the target's location. Once in the Z-Type, Mulligan tries to escape. Trevor continues to track him using the camera. Eventually, Mulligan attempts to hide in a parking garage. Trevor switches the camera to thermal vision. Trevor first identifies Franklin's thermal signature. After that, Trevor points out other thermal images in the garage, each of which Franklin investigates (Franklin provides interesting commentary on each one). Mulligan is located to the far left of the garage.
At this point, the player is switched to Franklin, who is standing near the Z-Type and Mulligan. Franklin can choose whether to let Mulligan live or kill him: if Mulligan is allowed to live, he will call the police and Franklin will get a wanted level; if Mulligan is killed, the police are not notified. Franklin drives the Z-Type to a hanger in the Los Santos Airport where Weston and Molly Schultz are waiting. Once there, Weston admires the car and remarks that only ten of them exist in the world. Franklin complains about his payment. Weston says he must wait. Weston and Schultz enter a Shamal and prepare for takeoff, but not before Schultz tells Franklin to drive away from the airport using one of the two nearby Tailgaters. Franklin must then leave the airport grounds before the mission is completed.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Not a Scratch - Deliver the Z-Type with no damage
- Eavesdropper - Listen to 3 conversations
- I See You - Find Chad's hiding place on the 1st attempt
- If the player listens to Weazel News on the radio, it will say that Chad Mulligan's Z-Type was stolen and that the Z-Type cost him 3 million dollars. This is quite strange, because the Z-Type costs $10,000,000 on Legendarymotorsport.net, although it is possible that he bought the car through other means or purchased from the website at a time when the Z-Type was cheaper.
- The news broadcast that mentions Ashley Butler's death will also appear after this mission.
- Weazel News will report Chad Mulligan's death if he is killed during the mission, but a news article on EyeFind will report that he is still alive.
- This is the only time that the Z-Type appears in the campaign. After this, the player can only see this car in single player again if the player buys one in the internet.
- After this mission, the Z-Type will be available to buy via the website Legendarymotorsport.net.
- By this mission Trevor often gets angry at the pilot and promises to drop him off the helicopter. If the player switch to Trevor right after the mission is complete, Trevor will be driving the helicopter without the previous pilot being on board. It seems like Trevor has kept his word along with the fact that he can be seen kicking the pilot from the chopper in his own trailer. Trevor even states that he hopes it was a soft landing.
- Devin and his assistant can be killed after the mission is over by simply returning to the air strip and shooting them or blowing up their jet.