The FBI Truck is an armored law enforcement vehicle that was cut during the development of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
The FBI Truck is depicted as an anti-riot armored truck based on the Dodge Peacekeeper or the Cadillac Gage Ranger. It features a hatch on the roof, where a member of the FBI agent can shoot from, however, it is unopenable to the player if they were to spawn the vehicle.
The FBI Truck is a rugged, near-indestructible police vehicle, the rear-wheel drive layout handles well on rough terrain and is capable of high speeds, making up for its poor steering and braking at high speed due to its weight.
The FBI Truck seems to be a well-armored police vehicle, but it has an average damage-proof body, like most vehicles in-game. It cannot take many major hits from larger vehicles and it is not bulletproof either, withstanding bullets better than an average vehicle, but for a limited time only.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
- The FBI Truck was meant to appear in mission "The Truth is Out There". However, the said mission was cut, therefore there was no use for the FBI Truck itself, and it was left in the game files.
- Oddly, the FBI Truck uses SAPD markings instead of FBI markings; quite possibly due to its original intended use as being a SWAT truck rather than an FBI truck (considering that its basis is/was used and intended for such a purpose).
- Its engine sound is identical to those found on vehicles like the S.W.A.T., the Barracks OL and the Enforcer.
- The FBI truck also has a darker variant only found in the game's files and in mods.
- According to the official strategy guide, the FBI Truck had a Machine Gun and a shield on the roof, intended to be used by SWAT members.