|To see all the LCFD renditions, see Liberty City Fire Department.|
Like in previous games, the Fire Department of Liberty City (FDLC) operates Fire Trucks in their service, and has several stations throughout Liberty City and Alderney. They also have a medical division named MS Paramedic which oversees medical treatment across the entire city and state. The motto of the FDLC is "Feel The Burn"; this can be seen in fire houses as well as on all of the FDLC's apparatus.
Unlike previous renditions of fire departments, the FDLC in GTA IV are less responsive towards fires. They do not automatically respond to fires, and will only respond if called by the player. However, even if there is a fire and the player calls them, they will ignore it and leave after a few seconds. One of the only notable times the FDLC will respond to a fire is the mission "Rigged to Blow".
The FDLC is clearly based on the New York City Fire Department (FDNY), where color schemes of their equipment, uniform and vehicles also resemble those of the FDNY.
The firefighters now wear full turn out gear (resembles MorningPride gear as per to resemble FDNY), wear Air Packs (looks like the Scott 4.5 model) and have helmets with patches that say ENGINE 69, also some gear is hung on racks, either to dry off or for firefighters who are not working at the time. They wear black fire protective gear with yellow reflective strips, a fireman's flashlight on the upper left chest, an oxygen tank strapped to their backs, and helmet. Some firefighters are chiefs as marked on their uniform jacket. Unlike in real-life, these outfits are not fireproof.
The FDLC utilize two emergency vehicles, one of which can respond to emergencies. Both vehicles feature the livery of the FDLC based on that of the Fire Department of New York.
List of Fire Stations
In total, there are at least eight functional Fire Stations found all over Liberty City in GTA IV (fire stations in Alderney are not present in GTA Chinatown Wars, since Alderney is not featured in the game):
- Broker Fire Station - Dillon Street, Rotterdam Hill, Broker.
- Francis International Airport Fire Station - Francis International Airport, Dukes
- Bohan Fire Station - Worm Street, Northern Gardens, Bohan, also known as "Ladder 69"
- Northwood Fire Station - Exeter Avenue, Northwood, Algonquin. Between Boleyn Street
- Westminster Fire Station - Frankfort Avenue, Westminster, Algonquin, also known as "Engine 47" (unmarked on map)
- Privateer Road, Fishmarket South, Algonquin. - Fishmarket South Fire Station
- Berchem Fire Department - Vitullo Avenue, Berchem, Alderney, also known as "Ladder Company No. 1" and "Engine Company No. 2"
- Tudor Fire Station - Hardtack Avenue, Tudor, Alderney
Note that in GTA IV, several Fire Stations have a parked fire truck outside the station, these include the stations in Bohan, Algonquin (with the exception of the Westminster Fire Station) and Alderney.