Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers.
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|For the other uses of the term FIB, see FIB (disambiguation).|
The FIB Granger is heavily influenced by GM trucks/SUVs. The Granger strongly resembles the eleventh generation Chevrolet Suburban. It also has a hint of GMC Yukon XL Denali styling, and the front fascia looks similar to a Sierra pickup.
The FIB Granger is a variant of the Granger, modified for FIB/NOOSE use. It always comes with a full black paintjob and LED flashing red/blue lights on the front and rear windshields. Using save editor programs and the Creator, it is possible to add a custom paintjob.
Current Design Gallery
Grand Theft Auto V
The FIB, along with the Sheriff SUV and Park Ranger, is easily the best performing SUV in the game. It improves on the civilian vehicle in every way, with good acceleration (about on par with the Interceptor), and stiff suspension which prevents it from rolling over in high speed turns. It also has a high top speed, great off road performance, and decent brakes, but it is all at the cost of being difficult to obtain.
The FIB is powered by a modeled DOHC Inline-4, turbocharged, in an F4 configuration, however, the cover and sound of the engine is more like that of a V8. It supplies enough power for each wheel to gain large amounts of traction and maintains it.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / km/h)
(AWD / FWD / RWD)
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||87 / 140 (Handling.dat)||
2400 / 5291 (Handling.dat)
|7.93 Seconds||101 / 163||
Mass cannot be observed.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
Grand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto Online
Just like the Sheriff SUV, the FIB Granger is much more challenging to obtain than other police vehicles.
Grand Theft Auto V
- When reaching a wanted level of 4 stars, FIB Grangers will begin to appear. It only appears in the city of Los Santos.
- Two FIB Grangers can be found parked next to the satellites in Grand Senora Desert with FIB agents and scientists at around 10:00 - 11:30 in the morning. It can be obtained with no heat at all but FIB agents nearby will open fire on the player most of the time once they try to hijack it. Although, sometimes, two FIB Buffalos will take the place of the FIB Grangers, or sometimes there will be one of each.
- A relatively easy way to obtain a FIB Granger (see video) is obtaining the vehicle as usual and then saving the game and reloading it. The vehicle will be repaired.
- Another easier way to obtain the FIB Granger is to let a character you want go to his safehouse(i. e. Franklin) then start Director Mode, then adjust wanted status to high and activate invincibility in the settings. When started director mode find a FIB Granger and quickly drive and park it to any safehouse garage you want to store the car with(i. e. Franklin's Safehouse Garage) then exit director mode. After exiting director mode switch to the character whose garage is the one you used then go to the garage. You will find the FIB Granger nicely parked there and repaired. (Enhanced version only, tested on PC)
- Even though the vehicle is owned by the FIB, NOOSE officers use these cars. It is probably more of a tactical car than a undercover SUV, as in real life, SWAT operatives use undercover vehicles in order to avoid being identified.
- During the mission Carbine Rifles, the FIB Granger has bullet-proof tires.
- Like the Sheriff SUV, when they spawn, they don't chase the player as frequent as the LSPD, instead they will try to ram the player off the road.
Enhanced Version Only:
- The siren was altered for the PS4/XB1/PC version, where it now sounds like a 90's police siren. The same siren is also used on the FIB Buffalo.
- Because of this, the siren will no longer malfunction when shot.