- "Operating system dictators, software monopolists and licensing racketeers."
- ― Description at Bawsaq.com.
In GTA V, they have a slightly larger role and are featured on the BAWSAQ. The company is likely based on Microsoft due to both companies being in the computer applications industry featuring four squares in their logo, and a mobile OS user interface design similar to that of Windows' "Metro" UI. Also, the design of Facade's computer operating system bears a strong resemblance to Windows 7, with similar icons and a theme similar to that of Windows Aero. The background resembles the default Windows Vista background. The logo also resembles the logo used for the Nintendo 64 game console. The mobile OS version is based on the Windows Phone.
Trevor Philips' phone is made by Facade. In the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game, it is based on the older Nokia Lumia models (currently known as Microsoft Lumia). In the enhanced version, however, it is based on the HTC Desire 600.
Events of GTA V
In the mission The Vice Assassination, Franklin must assassinate Facade's CEO, Jackson Skinner. After Lester discovers Skinner's illegal transactions, he orders Franklin to kill him while he is picking a prostitute. Jackson's death causes a major drop in Facade's stocks.
- In the enhanced version of Grand Theft Auto V, Trevor's phone has a cracked screen, possibly referencing his dangerous lifestyle.
- Facade is the name given to the frontal part of houses, where windows are usually located, proving that Facade may be some kind of pun for Windows.
- A Facade is a flashy object that is usually empty on the inside, this could suggest that the company produces expensive looking but poor quality devices. "(Hiding behind a) Facade" is also a term used to describe someone who presents themselves in a different manner publicly and privately.