Trevor receives a text from Cletus, asking Trevor to meet him down at the lodge in Paleto Forest. There, Cletus gives Trevor a deer call and states that the two are going to go hunting. Along the mission, Cletus teach Trevor to move against the wind to not be detected by the deers, to use the deer call to locate animals that are close to him and finale to not kill deers without antlers, because they are female. After having killed three deers, Cletus will say that he needs to go and ask Trevor to kill one final deer and send him a picture of the corpse, after sending the photo, Cletus calls Trevor and makes a proposal that Trevor hunts more animals and send it to him a photo or their corpses so he can sell their meat and make some money, Trevor says that he has more things going on, but will thing about that.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Downwind - Don't get detected by any Elk.
- Heart Hunter - Kill 3 elk with a heart shot.
- The game assumes that the player has a general understanding of hunting as it never explicitly tells the player to aim for the heart, although Cletus is shown to be impressed with heart shots which may somewhat act as an indicator.
- This is the final appearance of Cletus other than text messages received during hunting activities or in the progression of the story.
- After you kill the male elk from the "mating pair" Cletus will leave you to do the next kill on your own. If Trevor leaves the area, it is possible to get into numerous places like Fort Zancudo, Bolingbroke Prison and the Humane Labs without receiving any wanted stars. Be warned, however, if Trevor starts shooting then the wanted stars will appear.