- Catalina: "It's too late! I don't love you no more! I love another, OK?"
- CJ: "What? Then what the fuck was this about?!"
- Catalina: "I cannot keep my passions holed up. They need a release. That was a good release, like hitting a man with a frying pan while he sleeps."
- —Catalina and Carl Johnson after she beats his car with a crowbar
Farewell, My Love... is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas given to protagonist Carl Johnson by Varrios Los Aztecas leader Cesar Vialpando from The Panopticon in Red County, San Andreas. Despite the mission being given by Cesar, he does not appear. It is also the final appearance of Catalina.
Catalina arrives at the meet. She kisses her new lover, as Carl notices her. Catalina complains about what Carl is doing; racing instead of treating her well, after what she had done for him. Carl argues that it's Catalina's fault, saying it's 'just business'. However, Catalina actually meant that she had feelings for him. Carl contradicts that he raced for the both of them, trying to fix relations between the two. However, Catalina already has another lover, Claude. She then challenges Carl to a race, wanting to prove that Carl is jealous and a coward.
Carl and Catalina get in their respective vehicles as the race starts. Carl speedily traverses to different areas of Red County until he reaches the finish line near the town of Montgomery first. As Catalina and Claude reach the finish line, she complains that Carl had an advantage. After his victory, Carl asks what his reward is, thinking it would either be a pink slip or money. What she gives him, however, is a deed to a garage in San Fierro. They need Claude's vehicle, as they will go off to Liberty City, and after another light argument, Catalina and Claude leave.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Win the race.
There is no reward for completing this mission. The mission Are You Going to San Fierro? is unlocked.
- Drive slowly so as not to lose control. Stick close to the leader (Claude and Catalina) after the first few bumps on the road (Do not travel off-road). Take over the lead once the opportunity arises. Once hitting the second big turn that will lead to the beach area, go off and go down the side path that contains a bribe star. This will skip a huge portion of the track and put the player in the lead. For the rest, as long as the player doesn't go too fast and does not crash too often, it should be easy to win the race.
- A different model is used for the ZR-350 in the cutscene. The cutscene variant features default wheels and a highly reflective paintjob (this kind of paintjob isn't seen anywhere else in the game), but the model used in the race is black, with off-road tyres.
- No matter what vehicle Carl brings to the mission, he will be forced to race in a ZR-350 modded with off-road tyres. Unfortunately the vehicle has very poor handling, and a tendency to spin out and flip over at the slightest provocation. This also means that whatever vehicle Carl brings is not allowed to be used in the race. It can be seen behind the starting line and can be retrieved via failing the mission.
- In the introductory cutscene of Xbox 360 version, there is another ZR-350 behind Catalina's Sadler, that doesn't appear in the other versions of the game.
- The race map is the exact reverse of the one featured in Wu Zi Mu, and is also the "Badlands B" track.
- The post-mission phone call is a reference to the Quentin Tarantino film Pulp Fiction.
- The song playing at the end of the mission is "Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode, which can also be heard on Radio X.
- The name of this mission may be a reference to the 1975 film Farewell, My Lovely.
- In the files of the game, unused voice tracks of Catalina taunting Carl during the race by complimenting Claude's sex appeal can be found. They were presumably cut to prevent the player from becoming too distracted during the race.
- These voice tracks, if they were not cut from the game, would have revealed Claude's name for the first time. However, it is not until after the mission Home Coming where Claude's name is revealed.