'Italic text' ==
|For the HD Universe counterpart, see Federal Investigation Bureau.|
GTA III — GTA Vice City Stories
FBI Agents wear blue jackets with "FBI" printed on the back in nearly all of the 3D Universe games (excluding GTA III & Liberty City Stories). In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, they wear black vests over differently colored t-shirts with "FBI" printed on the back with dark glasses and caps. The FBI agents are well armed in all appearances, and their vehicles are generally extremely fast. The FBI comes with four agents in each car, and since they are well armed and very accurate, they will kill the player extremely quickly if they have an open range. They carry MP5s in all of the 3D Universe games, except for Grand Theft Auto III, where this weapon is unavailable, and instead they carry AK-47s and pistols (when killed or encountered in a roadblock).
- In HD Universe, Rockstar changed the name of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) into the Federal Investigation Bureau (FIB) because of legal issues with the real Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Grand Theft Auto III
- The CIA Agents (guarding the Shoreside Lift Bridge in Marked Man) and Liberty City Port Authority officers (in the hangar from Grand Theft Aero) share the same character polygon as the FBI Agents. However, the CIA Agents wear all black, while the Port Authority have different caps.
- Some FBI agents speak with country accents, suggesting that most of the agents come from the countryside.
- In the 10th Anniversary Edition, the FBI agents have had the lettering changed from FBI to FIB. This does not apply to the name of the FBI Car, however.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Some missions have FBI wielding Micro SMGs instead of SMGs. The same case is equivalent to the SWAT in missions wielding SMGs instead of Micro SMGs.
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
- In the mobile version, the FBI agents have had the lettering changed from FBI to FIB, like the 10th Anniversary Edition of Grand Theft Auto III.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- The FBI seem to be one of the most hostile in the 3D Universe, as their blockades will instantly blow up or heavily damage your car on sight. The best way to maneuver through a blockade is to get a bullet-proof car.
| LCPD • VCPD (Vice Squad) • SAPD (LSPD • SFPD • LVPD • SARP • SACG) • SWAT • FBI • Military •
GTA 3 Give Me Liberty Under Surevellence Kanbu-Bust Out Evidence Dash Plaster Blaster A Drop in the Ocean Grand Theft Aero Decoy S.A.M. GTA Vice City Sir, Yes Sir! Rub Out Cop Land Naval Engagement Juju Scramble The Job Spilling the Beans Hit the Courier Check out at the Check In Loose Ends Martha's Mug Shot GTA SA Badlands T-Bone Mendez Mike Toreno Amphibious Assault Ice Cold Killa Toreno's Last Flight Interdiction Fender Ketchup Architecture Espionage Cops and Wheels Misappropriation Breaking the Bank at Caligula's Home Coming GTA Advance Race to Run Latin Coffee The Big Score School's Out Ante Up Mystery Killer Love of Money Smackdown Assault Joint Freedom Flies GTA 11 Starfish Island Diaz's Mansion Ship Airport Prawn Island Leaf Links D.B.P. Security GTA 12 Negotiate Cowboy War Pleasure Domes FBI Sniper SWAT Tactical Chase Intrustion Alert Trespassing on Property Keep Enemies Close SMG Enforcer Romantic Streets GTA Liberty City Stories Contra-banned Driving Mr. Leone Cam-Pain L.C. Confidential Passion of the Heist Karmaggedon Shogun Showdown Love on the Run GTA San Andreas Stories Crime in Palomino Creek FBI Van Crimsion in San Fierro Easter Bay Work Wedding Dates Pilgrim Casino Dangerous Impact GTA Vice City Stories The Auditon From Zero to Hero Blitzkrieg Over the Top