|For the HD Universe counterpart, see Federal Investigation Bureau.|
GTA III — GTA Vice City Stories
FBI Agents wear blue jackets with "FBI" printed on the back in nearly all of the 3D Universe games (excluding GTA III & Liberty City Stories). In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, they wear black vests over differently colored t-shirts with "FBI" printed on the back with dark glasses and caps. The FBI agents are well armed in all appearances, and their vehicles are generally extremely fast. The FBI comes with four agents in each car, and since they are well armed and very accurate, they will kill the player extremely quickly if they have an open range. They carry MP5s in all of the 3D Universe games, except for Grand Theft Auto III, where this weapon is unavailable, and instead they carry AK-47s and pistols (when killed or encountered in a roadblock).
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto Advance
Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories
Gramd Theft Auto Liberty City Stories
- In HD Universe, Rockstar changed the name of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) into the Federal Investigation Bureau (FIB) because of legal issues with the real Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Grand Theft Auto III
- The CIA Agents (guarding the Shoreside Lift Bridge in Marked Man) and Liberty City Port Authority officers (in the hangar from Grand Theft Aero) share the same character polygon as the FBI Agents. However, the CIA Agents wear all black, while the Port Authority have different caps.
- Some FBI agents speak with country accents, suggesting that most of the agents come from the countryside.
- In the 10th Anniversary Edition, the FBI agents have had the lettering changed from FBI to FIB. This does not apply to the name of the FBI Car, however.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Some missions have FBI wielding Micro SMGs instead of SMGs. The same case is equivalent to the SWAT in missions wielding SMGs instead of Micro SMGs.
- When a player enters the Remove Wanted Level cheat and kills any agents on-screen, they will obtain one-star wanted level as opposed to two like the regular police, SWAT, and military. However, killing or hurting another agent and other types of law enforcement will result in getting two-star level.
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
- In the mobile version, the FBI agents have had the lettering changed from FBI to FIB, like the 10th Anniversary Edition of Grand Theft Auto III.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- The FBI seem to be one of the most hostile in the 3D Universe, as their blockades will instantly blow up or heavily damage your car on sight. The best way to maneuver through a blockade is to get a bullet-proof car.