Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Put the flair back in flare with this firework launcher, guaranteed to raise some oohs and aahs from the crowd."
- ―GTA V description on the Rockstar Games Social Club.
The Firework Launcher is a heavy weapon in Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online. It's a limited-time weapon first available in the Independence Day Special and is temporarily available for the Festive Surprise. It also returned about a week before the Ill-Gotten Gains Part 2 update for a limited time. It also became available once again for the Festive Surprise 2015 version. It also spawns in the player's inventory after Franklin and Lamar, but will have a maximum of two rockets.
The Firework Rocket Launcher is designed to look like a cross between the WWII-Era Panzerfaust and Panzerschreck with a skyrocket loaded instead of the standard Anti-Tank Shell. It appears to be made out of wood, cardboard, PVC-pipe, and random bits of junk. The blast shield is also simply made of a flimsy cardboard, having a drawn on cross-hair and painted over poorly. This reinforces the theme of Independence Day, as it implies rednecks made it.
This weapon is actually closer to a dangerous toy than a true weapon. Explosions have a low power, a "suicide" shot to the ground makes the player lose half his health in single-player (while the regular rocket launcher causes more damage than enough to kill him/her). Explosions are not enough to destroy even unarmored cars; however, flames resulting from it may eventually destroy the car. The force of the firework launch, however, may be sufficient to push small cars a short distance.
In GTA Online, given the fact that its ammunition is even more expensive than that of the RPG, this weapon is not cost-effective at all.
The damage of the firework rockets is rather pathetic considering the price of $600 apiece. However, it is still strong enough to kill a target with a direct hit. Additionally, it will start a small fire at the spot the rocket hits, and can thus be used to destroy stationary cars by aiming the rocket on the ground below the vehicle. When used in grassed areas, the fire can be used as a significant barrier. The rocket's blast radius is rather small; an online character with full health (but without armor) aiming the rocket at the ground as close as possible loses only about 50% of his or her health from the explosion, although additional damage will be suffered from the flames.
When it comes to eliminating enemies, this weapon may not be the player's first choice, due to its significantly lowered damage than the standard RPG. However, it is great for lighting up the Los Santos and Blaine County night sky, though this can yield a wanted level as a result.
|Type||Price (Story Mode)||Price (Online)|
|Default Clip|| Owned by default|
($9960 in game files)
|Owned by default|
|Tint||Price (Story Mode)||Price (Online)|
|Black Tint||Owned by default||Owned by default|
- The Freedom Fireworks logo can be seen on the weapon's panel.
- When some tints are added, the weapon appears to have a minor reinforcement (i.e., the default tint makes it look like PVC pipe painted in matte paint, yet the LSPD Tint makes it look similar to carbon fiber instead of painted over PVC pipe).
- When Gold Tint is applied to the Firework Launcher, the Firework itself appears to turn pink, most likely a sexual innuendo to a penis, a reference to Rockstar's crude humor.
- This maybe a visual pun on the slang term for a penis, "Bazooka" which the Firework Launcher is partially based upon.
- The Firework Launcher was only available for purchase in GTA V single player and multiplayer for a limited time, originally around the American Independence Day holiday in 2014. It was removed from Ammu-Nation, but would remain in the player's inventory if purchased and could continue to be used until the player's supply of ammunition ran out. Rockstar have advised that it would be made available to players during other special events and holidays in the future.
- The weapon was made available to players again as part of the Festive Surprise, and was a free gift to anybody who played GTA Online on December 25th, 2014. It was available again to anyone who played on January 1st, 2015.