Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Do You Think GTA IV Could Be Better? Rockstar Took Away A Load Of Stuff That Could Of Made GTA IV`s Gameplay WAY Better. Heres`s A List Of Things Taken Away: Underwater Swimming, Planes, Car Custimozation, Skills(Stamina, Muscles, ETC.), Gas Tanks Exploding When Shot, Pizza Stack, Barber Shops, Tattoo Shops, More Clothes Options, Destruction Derbys, Gang Recruitment, Turf Battles, Taggings, Oysters, Horseshoes, Weopons(Fireexstinguishers,dildos,flowers,ETC), Casinos, A Storyline, Parachutes, Jetpacks, Gyms, Ability To Buy Safe Houses, Hot Coffee...MMM,
- We do have GTA IV Gripes for this purpose. However, if this is just a list of things taken out of San Andreas, probably best to keep it separate. Gboyers talk 02:37, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
Yeah, GTA IV is more realistic, in real life shooting at a cars gas tank would not cause it to explode unless you had sulfur round(s).Micho86
- In my opinion, all information has benefit. I think the above list of "deficiencies" in GTA IV vs. GTA San Andreas should be archived. In fact, I foresee this as something of a small trend, i.e. comparing GTA games with each other, and creating comparison lists, perhaps to follow design trends, character reappearances, business reappearances/changes, location reappearances/changes, etc. I guarantee this stuff is of interest to someone out there (e.g. the editor who started this thread). Perhaps this could then be expanded into editorials on game development and speculation as to what the designers have in store for future versions. Thoughts? EganioTalk 01:37, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
- See here. I have created this article as a start to this process. I'd like to eventually generate a catalogue of sorts with comparisons made between games that can then be used for whatever speculation, analysis, discussion, etc. that may arise. What do people think? EganioTalk 21:34, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
I have not played it yet, but I can only assume that they put most of their development time into bringing the engine to the next level. Between GTAIII and vice city there was not such a drastic change in the engine. I mean they improved on the physics, and added a bunch of bells and whistles, but it was not as drastic as the jump to GTAIV and next generation consoles. Between vice city and san andreas, same thing, they just added even more bells and whistles, improved visuals somewhat, but the GTAIII foundation is all there and it was still on the PS2. My guess is that they'll do the same thing here. The next installment will be on PS3 and XBOX360, same base engine with the types of extras we've seen in the past Bl4h 11:48, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
- I'd say you seem to have already answered that question yourself, seeing as "a storyline" is listed among the things "missing" from GTA IV. -- Dylnuge(talk · edits) 04:04, October 22, 2009 (UTC)
- well I was right. 5 years later and they are pretty much doing a san andreas. bells and whistles added to IV Bl4h (talk) 15:04, September 16, 2013 (UTC)
Oysters is a necessity to make any GTA enjoyable... Why does NO ONE talk about oil slicks? Dylnuge, to make custom signatures, go to "Preferences" and in the first tab "User profile" you can customize your signature there. And did you realize you replied to a year-old post?--Spaceeinstein 16:28, October 22, 2009 (UTC)