Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
GTA IV for Australia Will be a bit different,Why?.
in Australia there not aloud to have games that are Rated Anywhere over MA15+, but Grand Theft Auto is R18 so Rockstar Games were forced to make an Australian Edition or it will not be aloud to be brought into Australia.
The Content that was taken out were Sexual Scenes,less Offensive Words,and some smaller things . it's really nothing to worry about as the Storyline is exactly the same and in the same city and places.
Well i hope that answered some of your questions.
You Americans are lucky they you don't have any of your GTA games edited... We have to suffer thanks to our ratings system.Power-Power
- Oh, we're not that lucky, believe me. Remeber the Hot Coffee controversy? They slapped the AO rating on that one very quickly! And believe me, video games have certainly been edited from time to time in order to reach the American store shelves...we just don't hear about it, because things are often released here first. But yeah, that's pretty awful about the censorship over there. I would have thought they would be less conservative than us Americans! Go fig. EganioTalk 07:45, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
- Good point by Eganio, who knows how many games are edited in America but because no one gets the unedited one no one ever finds out. As for us in Australia, I don't care much about what they've taken out, it doesn't effect the gameplay. But the fact that it has to be edited, I mean, why can't they use the R 18+. They'd like that anyway because they would do anything to stop kids (teens rather) from buying GTA games, an 18+ could do that for them and not have to edit the content. Biggest gta fan ever 08:49, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
- I think in England we don't get that many edited games. At least I haven't heard about any. Our ratings system is very... lenient, I guess, with 18 being the highest. GTA games will always get this and I don't think it even got pulled after the Hot Coffee thing. The only game that was banned was Manhunt because some idiot went out and killed someone the same way you can on the game. But I think it has been brought back now. MoNK 11:21, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
- Well, we australians will have to live with the fact that we'll always have some content taken out in games not suitable enough for the R18+ ratings. I'm sick of it, in San Andreas, I missed out on that 20 minute preview thanks to that bloody content removal.Parra-Power
- Yeah, if that's true, that America's games are edited and they just don't know, than that means that ours are edited even further. It's stupid, they leave full R 18+ movies but edit a cartoon. Biggest gta fan ever 08:11, 28 July 2008 (UTC)