Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
One of my teachers at college was from European descent.When I got GTA IV I played it with him.He claimed Roman and Bellic probably aren't European names. He's out of touch and his smarts are wearing down but I think He might be right.I think Biggest GTA Fan Ever said Niko wasn't a European name either.Rockstar nailed the Russian names but the European names are sorta faulty,ya know?-HuangLee
- On top of that, Roman says in the first cutscene, "My English is better than my Serbian," so Rockstar wanted Serbian to be the Bellic language. yet my friend of Serbian Decent doesn't understand a word that Niko says. BTW, Thannks for starting discussions like this, but try to use the forum for discussions not about the article content. Thanks! Biggest GTA Fan EverTalk 22:47, 2 December 2008 (UTC)
- I have a habit of using wrong pages(Like Forums,discusiion pages,the header gripe thing.)
- Niko is a European name, it comes from Croatia. Roman is a name derived from Latin Romanus. Dan the Man 1983 23:13, 2 December 2008 (UTC)
- Also Niko is a short name for the Slavic name Nikolay. Dan the Man 1983 23:16, 2 December 2008 (UTC)
Not true Nikko is a used name in european countries suck as Portugal and parts of Spain--Roman bellic 02:21, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
- Both Niko and Roman are european names (I know beacuse I'm from Croatia) and so is Bellic but the name is misspelled. If it's either Serbian or Croatian or Bosnian it should be Belić (spelled Belich), not Bellic. Roman is more of a Russian name but I'm sure there are Romans in Serbia. BTW, I think Roman and Niko are from Bosnia, not from Serbia. They fought the Bosnian war on the Serbian side.--FIKUS96 13:16, 3 July 2009 (UTC)