Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Checked the suggestions and saw two people who wanted next GTA to be set in Serbia, about four who wanted it to be set in Britain. Also Berlin, Paris, Baghdad, and Moscow.
Am i the only one who thinks that would be a really bad idea?
I mean would you rather play a game set in NYC, LA, Chicago, Miami OR some small cabbage city in Serbia, or Manchester?
I know A LOT of people want next GTA to be set in London (of course they're all British) but how many people want to play a game where you have to drive on the right side of the road? And i don't know if any of you have been to Europe but the roads are small and crooked in almost every city all over Europe, you wouldn't be able to drive your car fast and straight without hitting a side walk or a building.
What ever you do Rockstar KEEP GTA in American cities.
P.S. I'm not an American so if you want to call me a dumb or ignorant american pig, well then your insults are misplaced.
- I understand your point. However, I think it would be very interesting to see GTA in a different atmosphere. Something other than the grid-layout skyscraper cities of the US. I really think that doing something different, rather than just another similar game in a similar city, would be a positive thing for the franchise. Check out this topic for 150 votes on the subject of the GTA 5 location, and this old topic from before GTA IV.
I don't think people buy games because it's driving on the left or the right, it's really a non-issue. If it IS an issue, then its about time the Brits, Aussies and others got a chance to not be plagues with driving on the right. As for twisty roads - Americans obviously have never heard of a bend in a road, but it's actually a lot more fun to drive on than a boring straight line. Remember, different people play the game completely differently (some just like to drive around fast, some go round killing people etc). However, of course they would simplify the road layouts a bit to allow for getting cross-city quickly - cos there's nothing more frustrating than having to island-hop a million times (eg when you fail a mission) and it takes ages to wind your way there. Gboyers talk 09:34, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
bobohaha : yeah the new franchise thing you mentioned made sense, but i don't agree about the roads being fun, for instance have you ever tried driving a car in Paris? its freaking murder, oh and i ended up on some round about that had about 7 exits, using a GPS it's stressful and dangerous - i guess i have more issues with European roads than games based in Europe, lol - hey i just learned something new about myself :D
--ReservoirFella 21:40, October 27, 2009 (UTC)
I live in Israel,but i dont want GTA to move to the middle east.
The way I see it,80% of GTA's charm is of the american way,dream and lifestyle,without it,it's just another sandbox game.
It also has to be in a big city,I hope that Vice city and San andreas return for one game each,just to see them remastered in the new era,but I want R* to create a Chicago based GTA city and game,which would have a fully Mafia themed game (the onlt other one in the series being LCS),and use Carcer as their Detroit look-a-like,probably also remastered(since Manhunt was in the GTA III Era canon),and will have a bit more people on the streets and a bit more living city.
But my top priority is a new version of Vice city.
- Let me start off by saying that Niko isn't from Serbia (hes from Yugoslavia), his nationality is Serbian so I have no idea why that was mentioned. London was already featured in a Grand Theft Auto game and although it would be cool to play as a Londoner Mob Member, its gonna be boring, Berlin, Paris and Moscow don't even use the English language so US distribution would be horribly difficult, Baghdad, are you $!%#ing kidding me? I definately want Vice City, San Andreas was way too dull and LC, which I love and am from (NYC), has been worn to the bone, Vice City is full of not only color, but the grime and grit to really capture the true feeling of being a hoodlum, but also a gangster in a tropical setting, guns and palm trees just go hand-in-hand. What I was thinking was set it in like 1989, the protagonist is one of Tommy Vercetti's henchman, you start off doing odd jobs for him and work your way up to his right hand man where you help him continue to run Vice City and defend his throne from Cubans, Hatians, and other menaces. Sounds good right?--Gerry Spring 01:59, January 13, 2010 (UTC)
Gboyers your the person who created GTA Wiki yer . so you hav the most knowledge bout gta then all of us User:Lozzy94
I am Australian but I know and Australilain GTA would not work for the following reasons:
- We have enough problems trying to sell a GTA Here, you should have heard the controversty down here
- No Infernus, Lamboghins are not allowed in Australia without the motor being changed
- No realistic places for gun shops
I'm with ya Aussie Brother. Russelnorthrop 08:39, July 12, 2011 (UTC)