Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Does anyone know if us PS3 users are going to get a some downloadable content? I heard that after the second DLC for XBOX, the PS3's going to get two DLCs. Has anyone else heard about it or got ideas for new characters? TommygunAl
- Rockstar has said that DLC for the PS3 is "likely", but have not said what it will be, so I have no idea if it will be the same two, but I hope it is. What Rockstar said about DLC for the PS3 being likely has caused alot of speculation that what Microsoft has paid for is "time-exclusivity", but that they aren't telling us that so that everyone who owns a PS3 goes out and buys a 360 just for TLAD, before they find out it's coming to PS3 (and many people have done that I would guess). Personally, I own a PS3 so I hope we get it, and I don't want it to be different DLC (that would be stupid). As for what I know about TLAD, I think they did a bad job of it, and that things like weapons and vehicles exclusive to TLAD should also be added to the main game. However, If it was to come to PS3, or I owned a 360, that wouldn't stop me from buying it for other reasons (like seeing the connections to the main storyline). Biggest GTA Fan EverTalk 06:04, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
- Originally, GTA IV was going to be released exclusively on PS3 first (just like older GTAs were released on PS2 first). However Sony were being awkward and refusing to pay, so they lost the exclusivity and it was released on Xbox 360 at the same time. I believe that these discussions also related to the DLC, so after Sony rejected it, Rockstar went to Microsoft and made the DLC exclusively for Xbox 360. The last I heard was that this was ONLY going to be for the xbox, however that doesn't mean that sometime in the future they may be released for the PS3 and PC. I don't think they would make 2 more DLCs just for the PS3, that would be very backwards of them. Gboyers talk 15:09, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
- Xbox 360 is chipping away at the PS3 here and there i can but can't see TLAD for PS3 or even the PC Xbox 360 is getting the DLC's--Roman bellic 01:53, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
- I wouldn't care if it were different DLCs or the same ones. I like all characters, so that doesn't matter. But if PS3 was to get new DLC, I would like to have Gordon Sargent. He seems to have such story, and I want to know more about what was revealed in Team Mafiya Work, that Gordon did a favor for Petrovic. Or one of Petrovic's goons, or an Italian. --Master Sima Yi 3 May 2009
- What R* could do is, after the second DLC release, they could release both of them on disk. This would not (or at least should not) breach the contract for downloadable content as it will be a game in its own right, just as though if Liberty City Stories was a DLC of GTA 3 and was put onto a new disk but featured the same place. That's what I'm hoping they will do, as well as ones exclusive to the PS3. I also agree that the new cars/weapons should appear in the main game as well, something R* could look into for the next one... --LuisFernandoLopez 09:26, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
- Whoa! I didn't even notice that loophole. But I don't R* would do that unless Sony started nagging them about it.
I don't think Rockstar are as much for exclusivity as Bungie or Epic games, and most likely the only reason they released the DLC exclusive for Xbox was because Microsoft gave them a better deal or something, but I am sure that at some point the DLC will come out for PS3, but they have already given the PS3 exclusive content with Red Dead Redemption, probably to make up for the 360, and I also doubt that they would be able to come up with anymore DLC for GTA IV as all the mysteries and people that were only mission helpers (Johnny Klebitz) or random people with assault rifles (Luis Lopez) and why they were there at the times they were there are all resolved, and those two DLCs were meant to be released after the game to tie off those loose ends, but, does anyone else think they are about to start working on another game?AtomicLlama 10:33, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
GTA IV was going to be PS3 exclusive, but Microsoft paid them $75million to bring it 360 as well. Then they paid $50million for the two episodes to be timed exclusives. Sony were not being awkward, they didn't reject anything, they just were not willing to bribe Rockstar for exclusivity or the the two DLC's which they got in the end anyway. NT92 15:38, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
It's not a bribe. A bribe is dealing with the wants of the individual, its not like Bill Gates was sitting with Dan Houser and Howard Stringer (Sony CEO) and they were discussing PS3 exclusivety when Bill Gates suddenly slipped $75 million under the table for Dan Houser and suddenly changed his mind, Microsoft gave Rockstar a reasonable offer to bring the game to the Xbox 360 as well as PS3 to maximize both company's profits, and keep all consumers happy, and when the issue of DLC came up, Microsoft gave an offer that Sony was not willing to beat and so Rockstar made the DLC exclusive to Xbox 360.AtomicLlama 10:33, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
Its obvious that 360 would not stand a chance if the most anticipated game of all time was released only on PS3. Microsoft had to pay up. Microsoft couldn't care less about consumers, they are only interested in money. As for the DLC, im glad Sony was not willing to pay Rockstar for exclusivity or DLC as that is low, and Microsoft went low by doing that and throwing their money around. Sony got it free later anyway. NT92 12:58, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
Notice how your argument is incredibly opinionated, whereas I tried to look at both sides of the argument. Paying for DLC is not low, I am sure that Sony does it as well with other games, for example, Red Dead Redemption, where the PS3 received exclusive content for the game. Even if Microsoft only cared about money, they would not pursue an investment of $75 million if they knew that the consumer would be indifferent to a release of the game on their console. They chose to make that investment as they knew it would become a hugely popular game, and they made a sound investment. Everyone knows that the game wouldn't be as well known if it was a PS3 exclusive. Games like Uncharted Drakes Fortune for instance. Great game, but being made by Sony (as such being a PS3 exclusive) it did not receive the fame that Grand Theft Auto 4 did. AtomicLlama 03:43, October 8, 2010 (UTC)
RDR got an extra hideout, big deal. Sony didn't pay for that. Microsoft are bastards because they got the money, just face it. Are u so stupid that u think GTA IV would not be as well known if released only on PS3. The GTA series is possibly the most well known games series of all time, especially after GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas were exclusive to PS2 at first, and those games are responsible for making GTA what it is today. The whole world knew about GTA IV, and Microsoft payed that $75 million because the 360 would be finished if it wasn't on their console, everyone would have chosen PS3 for GTA IV alone. With Uncharted, that game was new, there had been no previous installments and therefore few people knew of it so obviously it wouldn't be as famous. And it wasn't made by Sony, it was made by Naughty Dog. Anyway, as if Microsoft cared about the popularity of GTA IV, they are only bothered about money. If you really believe that GTA IV would be less known if it was only on PS3, why were sales for the game through the roof on both platforms? Did everyone suddenly know about it when Microsoft wrote the check for 75 mil? Think about what u say. NT92 10:29, October 8, 2010 (UTC)
I don't really get how a Forum starts into a fanboy vs. fanboy flame bullshit. First of all, Microsoft offered money to Rockstar North in exchange for the game to be released to their console and for the "timed exclusivity" of the two upcoming DLC because R* was damn near bankrupt at that time. Do you people seriously think that M$ "bribed" R* for GTA IV and the two DLC. -Ralphaids 3:40PM, October 10, 2010 (GMT +8:00)
Rockstar were not bankrupt. Even though its not technically a bribe, i just say its a bribe because it is the offer of money to have things your way. This is not a fanboy or flame war. Just saying that had Rockstar refused the money and released on PS3 only, the 360 would be pretty much over. In a way, all Microsoft were doing was keeping their console going, but still...NT92 16:33, October 11, 2010 (UTC)
NT92, it wouldn't be cool to say "No Offense, but you are a stinky-doo-doo head!" Why would it be cool to say "This is not a fanboy or flame war..." and then fanboy all over your keyboard? Now, go get your mom to bring you some Kleenex to clean yourself up and GTFO. CribbNG3 18:28, December 12, 2010 (UTC)
CribbNG3 lol, what are you 9? Why don't you say something meaningful that i actually understand. It wasn't a fanboy war, it was a FACT war. "Now go get your mom to bring you some Kleenex to clean yourself up". I have no idea what that means, but i'm sure you and your mother do it often, but im not interested thanks. NT92 00:40, December 13, 2010 (UTC)