- "The property business isn't all about high-falootin' paper pushin'. It's about dirt...and the will to claim that dirt!"
- ― Avery Carrington
Four Iron is the first mission in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City given to protagonist Tommy Vercetti by property developer Avery Carrington from his limo in his construction site in Vice Point, Vice City.
Tommy Vercetti drops by Avery Carrington's construction site in Vice Point for to look for work after the two met at Ken Rosenbergs' office. Carrington informs Vercetti that he has a problem with a rival property developer who is refusing to sell some land he wants. Carrington asks Vercetti to 'persuade' the property developer into selling. Carrington then informs Vercetti that the developer is playing golf at the Leaf Links Country Club and that he'll need a golfing outfit to enter through security.
Vercetti then leaves and stops at the Jocksport clothes store to purchase his new outfit, before driving to the Leaf Links Country Club. Vercetti passes through security, who confiscate his guns. Vercetti then locates the property developer, playing golf at the far side of the course. Vercetti, however, is spotted and security begin to attack him, with the rival property developer fleeing in a Caddy. Vercetti chases and kills the property developer, before leaving the country club.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go and pick up some golfing clothes from Jocksports
- Now head to the Leaf Links Golf Club
- The target is at the driving range enjoying a game of golf. Make sure it's his last.
- Kill the target
Tips and Tricks
- Push the three Caddys next to the driving range into the water before confronting the property developer, so the bodyguards will be unable to join the chase.
- The player can enter the country club by using a vehicle to jump over the fence, or by jumping onto a wooden bridge close to the Links Bridge. This method allows Tommy to keep all his weapons.
- Using the Ruger/M4/Sniper Rifle can make this mission become easier to complete. It can be found on the roof of El Swanko Casa (even before purchase). The Sniper Rifle is a better choice, as it can kill the developer from a long distance much easier than other weapons.
- It is possible to land in Leaf Links by a helicopter, making this mission easier to complete.