Fredo Volpe is a capo in the Messina Family who has been a police informant since 1998. His LCPD profile states that he has collected thousands of hours of wire tap evidence. He is the brother of fellow capo Mark Volpe, who was believed to have sliced the tongue from a Messina member for hinting that Fredo was a possible informant.
LCPD Database information
First Name: Fredo
Place of Birth: Dukes, Liberty City
Affiliations: Messina Crime Family
- 1982 - Accessory to Murder
- 1983 - Possession Controlled Substance: Heroin
- 1985 - Armed Robbery
- 1986 - Armed Robbery
- 1993 - Extortion
- 1995 - Grand Larceny
- 1998 - Possession Controlled Substance: Tranquilizers
- Police informant since 1998.
- Has collected thousands of hours of wiretap evidence. Should be enough to bring down the entire Messina Syndicate when arrests are made in the new year.
- Younger brother of Mark Anthony Volpe. Another Capo in the Messina family.
- Agreed to become an informant when evidence of plot by senior family members to castrate him was revealed.
- The name "Volpe" means "fox" in Italian, which is quite ironic with his sneaky actions (informing the police).
- In GTA Chinatown Wars, Rudy D'Avanzo found out that there was an informant in the ranks, but sent the assassin, Huang Lee after the wrong man - Jimmy Capra.
- It is possible that Fredo and his brother are based on cousins Frank and Edward Lino who were both Capos in the Mafia, one of which, Frank, turned informant against Bonanno boss Joe Massino in 2006.