Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|For the content update which included this feature, see Freemode Events Update.|
|This article or section refers to content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is not featured on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
Introduced in the Freemode Events Update, the Freemode Events are a feature which include various game competition modes without the need of loading screens or joining jobs.
Freemode Events will occur in most Grand Theft Auto Online sessions. These sessions are Public, Invite only, Crew session, Friends only session. A random event will be choose at the specific time as long as the requirement is met for that lobby session. The requirement to trigger the an event is that there are at least 4 players in the lobby. However, some event will require at least 10 players to be in the lobby. The Freemode Event or Challenge in that is currently in progress will be canceled if players leave the lobby and there are less than 4-10 players left.
At 00:00, 06:00, 12:00 and 18:00 hrs in game (every 12 minutes, real time), an event or challenge will become available. All players in the current session will be notified with a on-screen HUD message that an event will begin soon, and a timer in the bottom right corner will count down until the start of the event. In some instances, a "Prepare for [challenge]" message will appear, for Challenges only. If a player is in passive mode, they will be warned about this preventing them from participating in the event or challenge.
Once the event begins, all players in the session will be notified, regardless if they became part of the event or not.
Every so often, challenges become available for players to compete in. They are much simpler and last less time than standard Events. Challenges vary, and are randomized from different categories, such as combat, vehicles and general game-play.
Time Trials are another kind of Freemode Event, which is set out like a freemode race. Players must go to the Time Trial location, and select to start the time trial. The race varies every week, with the first ever Time Trial start location at the end of the Del Perro Pier.
List of Freemode Events
- Air Checkpoints - Players compete in an intense competition involving collecting checkpoints spread across the map in aircraft. Win by collecting the most checkpoints in the time limit.
- Checkpoints - Similar to Air Checkpoints, however players are now free to use any mode of transport and checkpoints are not restricted to the air.
- Criminal Damage - The players need to cause the highest value of damage to vehicle and other players. The top 3 players earn RP and cash.
- Dead Drop - One of the players collect a package and must deliver it to a designed location for a cash reward, while the other players try to take the package from him.
- Hold the Wheel - A BMX, Caddy, Faggio, Sanchez or a Tractor is turn indestructable during this event. The player must stay in this vehicle during 5 minutes, while the other players try to take the vehicle from him. The player who is driving the vehicle when the 5 minutes timer runs out is the winner. It is possible to have a passenger in the vehicle who can protect the driver by shooting the other players, but in this case, the cash reward will be split into two.
- Hot Property - Similar to Hold the Wheel, but here the player must collect and hold a briefcase, while the other players try to kill him to collect the briefcase. The event lasts for 10 minutes and the player who holds the briefcase for the longest time is the winner.
- Hunt the Beast - The players must track down a random GTA Online player (the Beast), who is faster and stronger than all other players. The beast remains hidden from the radar, and has to visit 10 landmarks. Players must track him/her down and kill them.
- Kill List - Enter a heavy artillery vehicle and destroy the Merryweather Security patrols to receive a cash reward.
- Kill List Competitive - Similar to Kill List, but here, there will be a second team. The team who destroys the highest amound of Merryweather patrols is the winner.
- King of the Castle - An designed area will be considered the 'castle' during this event and the player who enters this area first will be considered the 'king', this player must protect his 'castle' from other players who will try to claim the area to become the new 'king'. The event lasts for 10 minutes and the player who is the 'king' by the end of the event is the winner.
- Moving Target - Similar to Hold the Wheel, but here, the player must deliver a marked vehicle to a designed location, while the other players will be rewarded for killing him. If the vehicle gets destroyed the player fails the event.
- Penned In - The players must stay inside a moving circle, while trying to push all other competitors out of the circle. The circle moves, and gradually gets smaller. The last player to remain the circle wins the event.